The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

89 JDM Galant VR-4 ECU swap to 90 DSM ECU

Michealdaniels

hey guys i was really researching this and finally i decided i would ask. Whats involved in swapping my 89 jdm (dual board) ecu to a 90 dsm ecu? my ecu took a crap after 20 long years of service well i only have 80k on the car i really want to see her up and running again anything would help guys thanks.

PS i beleive its the ecu because i was driving and the car acted as if the fuel pump was dying so i swapped it out and went for a drive with the same symtoms parked at home and now she wont start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MX4

I have a dual board ECU here I can send to you if you are after another. It is chipped with the ralliart map.

Michealdaniels

Please guy dont say it cant be done ive researched it and i CAN DO IT just want to make sure everything is working and proper.... Ecspecially the cyclone intake i know the hobbs method but want to figure out if i can get the cyclone working with the ecu and not by boost

Michealdaniels

hey guys did all the wire swaps and my car now runs and runs good on a md128625 ecu out of a 90 eclipse GSX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif i will upload images of the wire splicing and hobbs setup in the near future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

fuel

^^ this is a three year old thread and on top of that the ECU they are talking about (DSM) is not relevant to the JDM Galant found in New Zealand. You need to run the ECU that matches your injector/AFM combination. Have a look at the link in my signature for the part numbers of the JDM VR-4 ECU's available.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts