The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sunroof will open but won't close......

turbomcc

Opened the sunroof for the first time in a while and went to close it and nothing happens .... I hear a clicking when I push on the button but no movement to close. Any suggestions where to trouble shoot???

transparentdsm

check the track for plastic or other random things. sounds like something is blocking the track, maybe try giving the sunroof a little help forward to see if that loosens it up. i dont like pushing on things that are stuck, but sometimes it helps.

try to add some lithium grease if you can get it to move forward,
check the tracks for blockage , maybe blow some air around the tracks ...

turbomcc

Thanks for all the suggestions........
Here is what I have done so far::::
Cleaned the track and relubricated it
Checked for any broken pieces
Replaced the switch
Replaced the motor
And then I replaced the whole sunroof
Still have the same problem........
Is there any relays some where else that I haven't found????

Hertz

Staff member
You could try using the Allen tool to close it manually. The drive is under the dome lens, I think.

turbomcc

Used the Allen wrench to close it but was really tight ..... Does anyone know if there's any relays under the dash that controls the sunroof????

kama1

Its within the headlining,drivers side,right above the sun visor.theres another black relay there too.

misterfixit

Here's the training on how it works...

click

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts