The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new lifter install (today)

James

Today I'm going to tackle this job. Seems pretty straight forward...
-make sure all lifters can be fully depressed
-rotate motor manually till lifter can clear cam
-remove rocker
-remove lifter
-install lifter
-install rocker
-move on

I'm going to start in about an hour... Pretty much posting this for help/tips. Ill check back here periodically when I take a break and see what everyone has to say.

While i do most of my work myself, I always have my stepdad helping me. He was a master mechanic back in his day before a career ending injury. But my mom was taken to the hospital last night so I don't have him to fall back on today if I'm screwing something up!

vtecds1

This is what I did. Unfortunately, I mustof missed a step or did something wrong because my lifters are still ticking. Not as loud, but it'sstill there. What brand?

James

It's been suggested to port the oil feeds to stop ticking.

I won't be doing this today. My ex decided to randomly drop off my little girl so its daddy time. She still to little to fetch wrenches :p

James

Job took under an hour. No more ticks and the car feels amazing. My logger is dead so I've got it charging and then we can see what's really happening. Hopefully no more knockage

DynastyLCD

wooooo! glad to hear that the revised lifters fixed your issue, James!

James

yea man thanks a ton.

well i charged my logger and turned it on, MMCD is gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif and i cant find the adaptor to plug the palm to my computer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned