The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo X Fuel Pump in GVR4?

tsitalon1

Anyone have a how to on this?

Search not working well for this.

I have a spare in my garage and I would like to install it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ktmrider

I know the E8-9 pumps fit, may be easier try the EVO boards to find out if they're the same as X models?!?

Last edited:

EMX5636

Evo X pumps are slightly smaller diameter than the standard Mitsu pumps. It could work, but uses a built in filter in the housing, so probably easier to find a Walbro/Evo8-9 pump.

EMX5636

Yea, it's been a little while since I did a pump in an Evo-X so I can't remember if you can attach a standard sock to the bottom of it. If so, then you could probably use it. You would just have to use hose clamps to hold the pump secure to the GVR4 sending unit. Give it a shot if you have it laying around!

Last edited:

belize1334

I have an evo x pump in my car right now. Install is exactly the same as any walbro or Evo 6-9. It's a slightly shorter housing but if you cut the pickup and use a piece of high pressure fuel line it works just fine. Flows more than the Evo 9 and quieter than a walbro. I'm a fan.

EMX5636

Quoting belize1334:
I have an evo x pump in my car right now. Install is exactly the same as any walbro or Evo 6-9. It's a slightly shorter housing but if you cut the pickup and use a piece of high pressure fuel line it works just fine. Flows more than the Evo 9 and quieter than a walbro. I'm a fan.

Some fuel injection hose is made for in-tank use. I'd try to use it if available. Most people get by with regular stuff though (as long as it's injection rated).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts