The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ohlins coilover kits now available for VR-4 and 1g AWD

Figured you guys would be interested in this as well:
click

I know that some here have already adapted stock Evo shocks, which opened the door to adapting just about any coilover kit for an Evo. But it's worth mentioning that full kits will now be offered without having to do the modifications ourselves. Anyways, just wanted to share.

Chris
DSMtuners.com

5OF2k

Sweet! Any pics or specs on the units by chance(spring rates/adjustment intervals/etc)?

No info yet, but they've sold a couple kits already. Just waiting for those guys to post photos/specs on DSMtuners when the receive them. The only car that has had John's kit installed to date is the test car that they did all the development work on. And apparently he mentioned that these are "night and day" compared to the JIC kits he has been providing for the 1g for years... which you would expect when talking about Ohlins. Not many are spring for these due to the cost but those who do will most certainly be impressed I'm sure. I think it's just exciting to even have these available for our old ass cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

ktmrider

Thanks LC for the info and links.

Can't say enough about Ohlin products, both auto and motorcycle, if past experience is any gauge these will be worth every penny.

5OF2k

No kidding, Ohlins stuff is racing GOLD. Literally.

KiNgMaRtY

Thank you for the heads-up! It's nice to have another option out there.

Last edited:

Brianawd

I have Ohlins on my Evo and love them. Words just can't explain how the car is now vs the old shitty tein's that came on the car.

rdomeck

I have been running a modified EVO 9 set on my car for about 4000 miles and I love them. Setting them all the way soft is still a firm ride, but not that bad. Haven't had them on a track yet, but can't wait to. I was able to pick them up new from a local guy that had purchased them and decided after bolting them on that he was going to go a different direction with his car. I paid $2300 for them. Probably spent another $120 in rod ends and bolts to make them fit and maybe 4 hours fabrication time.......Well worth the investment!

tyeler18

Can't believe I missed this on tuners. The talon and galant will definitely be getting these for next years race season.

slugsgomoo

I hate the secret squirrel sh*t about tech info and pricing, but it's undoubtedly a good product.

over $5k?

Barnes

Probably similar to their Evo coilovers. ~$3k

alansupra94

I wish our cars were double wishbone all around, then I could run a sick setup like the supra has.

slugsgomoo

Quoting Barnes:
Probably similar to their Evo coilovers. ~$3k

That's not nearly as bad as I would expect, especially on something that doesn't adjust compression & rebound together (what dumbass came up with that?) I looked into Penske's long ago and realized I could buy a pretty nice motorcycle and have a shitload more fun with the $$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey guys I'm the one with the Talon that Mueller used to test out the new Ohlins setup. I can attest that they handled extremely well and had an incredibly soft ride, and that was after only minor setup tweaks. Mueller has further perfected the setup since I got to take them for a test spin. Consequently, I'm currently trying to sell my JIC setup that I had Mueller setup for my car so that I can buy a set of the Ohlins. If any of you guys are interested in a serious set of coilovers but don't want to fork out the money for the brand new Ohlins, hit me with a PM on 'tuners (or here if you don't have an account on 'tuners). Though I'm ready to move on to a bigger and better setup, I still love my JICs and they caught a lot of attention on the street and at the AutoX track.

Here's a link to my classifieds post:
click

Hopefully the new Ohlins setup takes off. I know that a lot of 1G guys are on the cheap side, but this opens up new doors as far as what we can accomplish with handling in our 20 year old cars. I'm curious as to how much the GVR-4 community will jump on this new suspension.

alansupra94

Tempting...I am going to try this Evo8 MR Bilstien w/ Tanabe lower springs and see if it gets what I want. Stock suspension isn't that shabby but a bit too soft (had almost brand new KYB GR2 on stock springs)

I found the front struts not expensive ohlins rt. Is it possible to install used Ohlins RT struts from Evo 7-9 ct9a in to GVR4

Anybody has already done this set up?

KiNgMaRtY

Yes it is possible. You will just need spacers inbetween the knuckle and the Strut ears. I'm running Evo specific KW V3's on my GVR4.

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
Just to share with the group, I contacted Muellerized Suspension Systems two weeks ago and they still offer the Ohlins Coilover system adapted to our platform. It is pricey but then again you obviously get what you pay for. They do have to acquire a galant to ensure fitting/settings are to the clients specifications but again, it is a product that's available for our platform.

Like the ETS intercooler kit, I don't want this option to pass in the future so I will be purchasing this system very very soon and will gladly report back on my experience.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts