The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Who's running BC Coilovers? Feedback, experience and opinions here

GSTwithPSI

I'm looking at picking up a set of BC coilovers (BR type) very soon. I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys on what you think of these. Also, what spring rates are you guys running? I'm going to be using these primarily just for street use, so I'd like to choose a spring that's not too harsh. I also really like the fact that these come with the front camber plates. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Brunoboy

i had 8k/6k F/R. It was nice, fully adjustable and bolted in very easy. the ride on the street was very nice as well with good turn in response. I say go for it.

Ordered mine last week. I also considered a softer spring, but went with 8/6 as nothing I've read suggests they are too stiff or uncomfortable.

birdman24

Quoting 1971:
Ordered mine last week. I also considered a softer spring, but went with 8/6 as nothing I've read suggests they are too stiff or uncomfortable.

Where did you order these from?

Terence

dandanger

Been running my BC(V1) coils for a year now. Occasional trackuse last summer and a bit of icetrack-racing this winter. And mostly street of course.

Took a while to get adjustments fine for street, I think the 8/6 springs are a bit hard, at least for our roads here in Finland(probably the worst roads in europe). But putting the shock settings to almost the mildest position they are drivable. Drivability is great, comfort not the best one.

For track use they are great, at least they are not the weakest link in my setup, my tyres and the body is giving up way before these coils do. Feels like the rear end of the car is twisting(and it probably does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif), but traction is good. For a sunday trackdriver these give much for the money, for pure streetuse, I would recommend something else, or try different springs.

Oh, and I had a terrible clunk sound coming from one strut after a icetrack-session. Took a while to find out what it was...a loose nut in left front shock upper mount. After tightening that back and all noises went gone.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts