The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo 8 turbo manifold

vr4872

Does anyone know where i could find a exhaust manifold to run a twin scroll evo 8 turbo on my gvr4?

3rdstrikedsm

evom you can find them cheap but it's a lot of work to adapt it to fit a dsm although it bolts right up.

broxma

You'll need to rebuild the lower lateral brace because the outlet for the O2 housing will run right into it. And relocate the Power steering pump entirely, and the alternator and find a way to get the DP which normally goes under the oil pan to run towards the drivers side of the car, then shoot back in it's normal position.

But I have a manifold and Evo 8 turbo, if you have a couple grand you wanna spend on it the project. The turbo and manifold will likely be the cheapest part of your plan. Looked into it. Even considered it for a while. It's not on my car for a reason.

/brox

RedTwo

They do make ones that flip the turbo 180* and bolt up to our cars, I think it's revspeed? Cost about $1000 usd

misfitsnemesis

People have tried to do a budget evo turbo setup and it has never been cost effective. Thats why you see no one running them. U can get a good direct bolt on charger for the price it cost to do everything to run evo chargers.

raptorWagon

It's a manifold best suited for a budget RWD setup, which is exactly what I'll be using.

broxma

^^ And this was what I was thinking when looking at that post down in OT the other day. RWD, Ram50 or MM, perfect setup.

/brox

raptorWagon

D50, Mighty Max, Starion, 70s-Early 80s Galants/Lancers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif..etc

vr4872

thanks for all the info,was given the evo turbo and hoping would work,well anyone want to buy it?

Diego

Seen something on eBay a few days ago, basically it was a 2 pieces of steel that made a direct hook up for an Evo turbo to bolt onto the stock mani...

broxma

I saw that evo turbo bolt-on part as well a while back. Basically a flip flop flange but it looked like it forced the turbo away from the motor, which I would think would force it to hit the radiator. Possibly one of those 'bolt on' parts that creates a long list of other things you need to bolt it on.

/brox

PreskitVR4

UMS tuning has one in beta testing on a 2g, my 1g and 501 are next to verify fitment. Tony says this one will be budget friendly.

BrandonEchols

I'd love to find someone who could do such a flip-flop flange...I have an evo 8 mani and evo x turbo, and if i could get a flange to bolt them together and keep the setup twin-scroll that would be excellent.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts