The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 VR-4, Council Bluffs, Iowa, $7800

1991 Galant VR-4 #1691
There are a lot of mods on this car, I will try to list them all, but may forget some.
Belize green originally, but was repainted with a close matching green about 3 months ago.
5% tint on the windows last summer
30k HIDs in the low beam and fog lights

Engine was rebuilt about 2 years ago. 1g rods, shot peaned, Wiseco HD pistons 20 over
balance shafts removed, new bearings, new frost plugs, new oil pump, new water pump, new timing belt, pulleys and tensionor. Head was cleaned and decked. Supertech valves, springs, and retainers, 3g lifters. DKS 280 cams.
Venom intake manifold, 1g non turbo throttle body. DNP exhaust manifold, Precision 6057 turbo. 3" exhaust. back section from a Legum. Forced Performance 4" intake pipe with K&N filter. Synapse wastegate.

ACT 2900 clutch and ACT flywheel. JDM trans and t-case. Both axles were replaced a year ago.

Walboro 255 in tank, 1000cc injectors, -6 feed line from filter to rail. Coil on plug setup. AEM engine management converted to speed density.

New Duralast battery in trunk, brand new alternator.

Front mount (can't remember where I got it) short route piping with tial BOV

Wilwood 4 piston brake setup in the front, drilled rotors front and rear. rear has had both calipers replaced, but not at the same time. Steel lines in the front.
KYB AGX struts and Tein springs, 17" black Evoke wheels, 225-45-17 tires.

Momo steering wheel, AEM wideband, Autometer boost gauge. Has a 1g shifter and 2g shift knob.

I drove this car as my daily everyday for about 2 years. Was the best winter vehicle i ever owned. i drove it with all the mods, all the time. Runs about 18 psi, pump gas. Will do rolling burn outs without a problem.

If you have any questions, just ask. this is an awesome car. Asking $7800.00

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:

prices for the vr4 seem to just rise and rise at a rapid rate. I like this alot.

Glws car looks awesome, tough to find something that has it all.

alansupra94

I am NOT thread crapping when I say this:

Isn't it a bit dangerous to run a wet cell battery in a truck? I thought they give off toxic gas when charging and discharging.

Nartanian

+1 I was wondering that too. I'm sure it could be replaced with an optima red top though.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I've run them in trunks for years.

alansupra94

Yeah I was just curious. Great car and could easily be replaced. Keep in mind with a dry cell battery, you need to make sure you have a tender to keep it charged or it will die.

Wizardawd

"miatas and bmws and benzs have regular batteries in teh trunk"

So do Caddy's, etc, BUT they also have vent tubes to run the hydrogen gas (which is produced when the cells are charged/discharged) out of the car. And not even just the toxicity of the gas, but the corrosive effects it has on metal. Plus, I'd hate to see what happens during hard cornering/accel when some acid leaks out of the caps. But, as was stated b4, easily replaced with a sealed/dry cell.

Regardless, good looking car. Glws

Wiz

Last edited:

number3

Quoting sag1441:
miatas and bmws and benzs have regular batteries in teh trunk

Miatas (at least the early ones) do not have regular batteries. They are sealed units.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned