The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:'91 Colt Sacramento, CA $Free with donation to galantvr4.org

hauling_ass

I just had the valves adjusted and it didn't make a difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It is a 1991 Dodge Colt GL 1.5 liter 12 valve Automatic.
Manual steering, door locks and windows.
The last owner (a neighbor of mine) had the oil changed at Jiffy Lube on 03/20/2003 with 113,333miles which was right before the water pump went out and blew the headgasket. He parked it at his property with about 200 more miles on it since that oil change and I picked it up from him November 2009 (~9,500 in 8 years!). Now it has 150,XXX miles.
Photo3905.jpg

Photo3904.jpg

Photo3907.jpg

I broke the key off in the gas door lock, I have new one to replace it I just need to get it matched to the key before I install it.
Photo3906.jpg

Clean title in my name, registration is paid up and non operational status.
Won't smog because it has low compression on one cylinder.

(Previous rims I have had on the Colt):
When the OZ Rims were Red
ColtDone.jpg

Stock Turbo Colt Rims
ColtononTColtRims2.jpg

Stock Toyota Supra/Celica rims
ColtonCelicaRims.jpg

Colt has been on trips from Sacramento to: Weed(North of Red Bluff), Concord(dozens of times), San Fransico(dozens of times)and to Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree/29Palms seven times..

The AC blows cold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Stuff that has been replaced or upgraded:

New Head Gasket, Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Valve Cover Gasket, Water Pump/Alternator and AC belt, Spark Plugs and Spark Plug Wires, Distributor Cap and Rotor.
ColtTimingBelt.jpg

It is runing Toyota Red Coolant in it, a 1G DSM K&N Air Filter and a stock 1G DSM alternator on. It has an Auto Zone battery and also I threw away the cracked cast exhaust manifold and replaced it with a tubular steel exhaust manifold and downpipe complete with heatshield from a newer Hyundai I found in a junk yard (I forget what year and model).
Engine oil pan and the tranny drain pan were removed, sandblasted and powdercoated black.
New transmission filter and gasket and a new oring on the speed sensor connector. Filled the trans back up with 3.5 quarts of brand new factory Hyundai SPIII Automantic transmission fuild at $9 a quart!
ColtUnderside.jpg

ColtPans.jpg

ColtEngineBay.jpg

New front wheel bearings and wheel bearing seals, new left and right axels and new tie rod ends.
ColtHubsApart2.jpg

ColtHubsApart.jpg

When I pressed out the hubs to replace the bearings I machined down the outside edge of them to run Galant VR4 front rotors and two piston calipers. I also machined a set of custom spacers to space the two piston calipers properly so the pads are centered with the rotors.
I replaced all the front wheel studs with new DSM ones because they are a little longer and important when you ditch the stock captured rotor setup.
I also installed custom made DOT Approved stainless braided teflon coated brake lines made for the fronts using blue tinted lines and red and blue ends for the hell of it along with a 1G DSM brake master cylinder to match the bigger front brakes with custom fittings for the remote brake fluid reservoir.
COltNewParts.jpg

ColtNewHubs.jpg

ColtNewRotors.jpg

ColtBrakes.jpg

Photo1240.jpg

Front suspension is lowered with ground control coil over springs and perches on new KYB GR2 front shocks and the rear is lowered with stock 1G DSM AWD rear shocks and springs with modified stock lower shock mount bushings cut off of the Colts stock shocks.
It also comes with a new pair of newer Mitsubishi Mirage lower control arms, just need the newer Hyundai front sway bar upgrade to go with it.
The Colt handles extremely well and it still a very comfortable ride.
Photo1241.jpg

The interior is stock except for a steering wheel from a '93 Talon TSi.
The dash is very cracked now and the lower dash and cloumn cover are torn apart to remove the ignition cylinder to extract a broken key. That is done now but the interior was never put back together.
It has an old Pioneer MOSFET Head Unit and an aftermarket "universal" antenna along with "Fusion" Brand 6x9's in the rear in the stock location.
Also include is a complete stock antenna assembly I found in a junk yard and new OEM front speakers.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The front and rear fenders are rolled to installed a set of 25mm bolt on aluminum wheels spacers with OZ Racing 15x6.5(?)+36(?) offset rims from a 200X Mitsubishi Lancer OZ edition (I haven't had time to confirm the rim dimensions) Tires are 195/60-15.
The previous owner spray painted the rims with translucent red so over the course of a couple weeks I carefully stripped all the paint off which left them with a beautiful machined/polished finish. They need to be repolished after sitting so long.

All the windows were tinted with a lifetime warrantee but the tint has faded windows.
I will have that window retinted under the warrantee for the new owner.

It comes with a lot of the parts needed to do a 5 speed swap.
The shifter assembly, the clutch pedal assembly, the clutch hard line and rubber line, the slave cylinder and the Manual ECU.
What is needed to complete the manual swap is the shifter cables, transmission, clutch and flywheel..

Excellent 4G63T swap candidate or just a good fun daily driver.
If someone wants to fix it I will give it to them if they make a donation to galantvr4.org.
Delivery can also be arranged for a fair price.

PM me with interest.

Last edited:

IM interested but not sure on your pricing structure? Last year I sold my 89 Colt, MINT 59,000 original miles for $1200........

CutlassJim

His price is based on what he values the car at. Why does this argument always come up on forums? He can charge whatever he wants and you can pay whatever you want. If you don't like the price you can GTFO. Maybe someone out there thinks it's worth $10000 and will jump on this. I like Colts and would love to try one but this is above what I would want to pay as well plus it's too far away from me for a car I kinda want but I'm not going to come into this guys thread and bitch about it. I just had this same argument with some asshat that was trying to undervalue my Galant.

With my hungover rant over I have to say this is one of the best written for sale adds I have ever seen. Very informative and easy/enjoyable to read with a nice history on the car and good quality pictures of a lot of areas of interest. Better than 2 nighttime cellphone pictures of the same side of a car from two different angles.

Free unneeded bump and good luck with the sale.

hauling_ass

Quoting imdrax:
IM interested but not sure on your pricing structure? Last year I sold my 89 Colt, MINT 59,000 original miles for $1200........

I am indeed pricing it based on the time, energy and money I have into it and the fact that it is a perfect daily driver that has cold AC, a stereo and can get 25-30mpg if you drive it right.

To the person I quoted, it says you are in Napa so I have a friend out there that can speak for me about my attention to detail and honesty when it comes to the cars I own and work on.
I have added "OBO" after the price because everything is negotiable.

Oh, yeah! I also forgot to mention that if I still have it by then I will be driving it to Galveston, Texas to get on a cruise to Malaga, Spain.
So, if there is anyone interested along the way or in Texas you can check it out in person and possibly buy it on the spot (Free Delivery!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
That way I don't have to worry about parking or storing it for a month until I get back from Europe and I can just go straight to San Fransico on my return flight.

Thank you CutlassJim for the compliment on the quality of my for sale post. I spent a lot of time on it.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting imdrax:
Last year I sold my 89 Colt, MINT 59,000 original miles for $1200........

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goyou.gif

Perhaps you should have asked for more.

Eighty9TSI

Quoting imdrax:

I'd say you are dumb for letting it go that cheap. Got any more cars to sell?!

Stop with this "Price should be XXXX" bullshit, not your car, not your job to make up pricing of "insert vehicle here". You have no authority as an appraiser and the market will dictate the price. Not your lame post.

This forum is about the worst "Price should be XXXX" I have ever seen. Every single well composed for sale ad is critisized and critiqued by a collective bunch of cheap asses.

I guess thats what happens when you get said collective bunch of cheap asses together on the same forum. Sucks posting on the internet is free. Should make it $0.25 a post...that would curb a good deal of BS in the for sale section.

Nice car, I am passing this on to my friend who needs good/reliable car.

KT

It's already been mentioned, but here's another bump for a very well written add. It annoys me to read an add with a ton of aftermarket parts followed by "too much to list." Well, if a person wants full asking price, to me it is worth your time to list it, as you did. Good luck with your sale. IMO, your price is worth the work you put into the car and the write up.

KT

hauling_ass

Update: Adjusting the valves didn't help, the block needs to be rebuilt.
The Colt is free to whomever wants to fix it IF they make a donation to galantvr4.org
-Bryan

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts