The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: EBAY AUCTION: Check out this sweet 1G TSI AWD 70K Original Miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo8ya

Is it all original or has it been modded then put back to stock? I miss my 1Gs

NateCrisman

Wow, this is a pretty sad showing for GVR4.org. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

When I sold the car, it might have run and driven off the trailer, but it was not a reliable everyday streetcar. It needed pretty much "everything rubber" replaced and significant maintenance done. I bet phil spent 15+ hours cleaning the interior (10 years of dust/mold from sitting). Bet he spent more than that amount of time cleaning and polishing the exterior.

Price...#1....I think I sold the car stupid cheap. I had seriously,8 or 9 people calling "I got dibs" in the first few hours of the ad going up. By guestimate, I could have asked $2600-$3000 for the car last time and still sold it. I kinda kick myself for not holding onto it for another month, repairing what Phil did, and selling it for a higher profit myself. That's the nature of finding a good deal, doing some repair work to improve the value, and selling it for a profit. Remember that Phil also took on some risk in the deal too, as when I sold it, the car hadn't driven for more than my driveway. could have needed more significant work after it goes on the road. Anyway, I think the price is very fair and whomever ends up buying it will be happy to start with a completely unmolested, and now completely sorted out 1g awd.

If you guys complain about an 2000 car being improved and sold for 4000, Im glad your not tracking how much I pay for parts cars and end up with in profit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Making a $2000 profit on risk, time, effort, and parts input is right in the ballpark.

I don't se anyone shitting up the for sale thread for #139/1000 that I again sold cheaper than I should have...the guy who bought it is now selling it 4 months later and asking for a $2000 profit for doing nothing than parking it on his driveway and 3 months of wear. Go sh*t in his thread, it's far more appropriate than shittin in this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

PhilthMonger

Thanks for clearing that up Nate. Its not like I dont enjoy a good argument, but my for sale thread is no place for that. If people just read the auction, its all in there. What really annoys me is some toolbag who calls me shady, or some other cholo that claims I just slapped a fender and bondo'd the car....or just did a "simple" timing belt job and looking to make a Bernie Madoff profit of 2k on this car. I have alot of friends on this board, and I havent even driven a VR4 in 4 years. Look at my join date, 2002 is when I bought my first VR4. before that I had countless 1G's and 2G's....I've bought and sold both my VR4's off this board and countless other cars. I am personally responsible for saving those 2 vr4's from the junkyard, and countless other cars for that matter. I flip cars, thats what I do. I've been doing it since I started driving....its kind of a part time thing for me now. The number I came up with for this car is what its worth for me to part with it. Trust me, I'm very tempted to keep it. As a matter of fact, if I dont get at least the minimum bid, I will keep it. Frankly, I expect it to go higher. When I sell a car, I browse thru ebay, autotrader, craigslist, etc. to see what the car is going for....and I make sure mine is cheaper. Its difficult to gauge how much this car is really worth, as there are no other stock 70k mile examples to compare it to. This is when I turn to ebay, they determine the market value for me. We'll see what happens I guess. So far the turnout is pretty good, 10 watchers and a couple hundred views....and its been up for less than a day. Anyone watch Wheeler Dealers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifI love that show. Are those guys shady? Do they catch sh*t when they restore a modern classic and turn it for profit? I think not.

steve

I have cleaned up this thread and will be sending warnings to the four offenders. I'm not amused at having to spend time cleaning nonsense out of someone's FS thread. I don't think I can say it better than the wop did:

Quoting turbowop:
Who cares what a ton of work means to him? He did some work to the car, it looks like he took pics of any problem areas and I don't see where the listing is misleading, so he set a price you don't agree with. Get over yourself and move on.

If I continue to see crap posted in here, there will be temp bans handed out. And I don't play that "passive-aggressive" nonsense either, so if you think you're going to slip in an underhanded "comment" in the form of a "legitimate question" it will not go unnoticed. Grow up guys.

By the way, I personally saw this car inside, outside, and underneath. It was no small task to get it into "DD-able" condition. Not that anyone has to justify themselves to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

alansupra94

I stand correct. I was under the impression that it wasn't changes from the condition that you received from Nate. I didn't see much mention of the work that was specified after, nor many posts, nor a build section so I was a bit skeptical.

Obviously I was completely wrong. Let the record show, I didn't call you shady but did question what was done to the car.

Sorry and I apologize.

Last edited:

4orced4door

It would help people's reading comprehension tremendously if the seller would split his ebay description into paragraphs, or at least make a separate list of mods/repairs/maintenace. I've attempted to read that auction like four times and I give up each time. Not trying to threadcrap, I'm serious.

Also, my 1G with 96k on it sold for $3900 a year or so ago. Granted it was a bit cleaner but his price is realistic.

Last edited:

2of9

Car is priced extremely well for anyone of us who has owned/worked on a 1G DSM. I have a special place in my heart for these 1Gs and if the Galant sold, I wouldn't mind picking this one up. Great price for something you won't find in a VERY long time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jesus_ralliart

Quoting NateCrisman:
Wow, this is a pretty sad showing for GVR4.org. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

When I sold the car, it might have run and driven off the trailer, but it was not a reliable everyday streetcar. It needed pretty much "everything rubber" replaced and significant maintenance done. I bet phil spent 15+ hours cleaning the interior (10 years of dust/mold from sitting). Bet he spent more than that amount of time cleaning and polishing the exterior.

Price...#1....I think I sold the car stupid cheap. I had seriously,8 or 9 people calling "I got dibs" in the first few hours of the ad going up. By guestimate, I could have asked $2600-$3000 for the car last time and still sold it. I kinda kick myself for not holding onto it for another month, repairing what Phil did, and selling it for a higher profit myself. That's the nature of finding a good deal, doing some repair work to improve the value, and selling it for a profit. Remember that Phil also took on some risk in the deal too, as when I sold it, the car hadn't driven for more than my driveway. could have needed more significant work after it goes on the road. Anyway, I think the price is very fair and whomever ends up buying it will be happy to start with a completely unmolested, and now completely sorted out 1g awd.

If you guys complain about an 2000 car being improved and sold for 4000, Im glad your not tracking how much I pay for parts cars and end up with in profit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Making a $2000 profit on risk, time, effort, and parts input is right in the ballpark.

I don't se anyone shitting up the for sale thread for #139/1000 that I again sold cheaper than I should have...the guy who bought it is now selling it 4 months later and asking for a $2000 profit for doing nothing than parking it on his driveway and 3 months of wear. Go sh*t in his thread, it's far more appropriate than shittin in this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Just curious.... why are ppl supposed to sh*t on my for sale thread?

socalgvr4

Im starting to find that even these cars in decent shape are hard to find.

You all know what i'm talking about : cracked dashes, the a-pillars coming apart, seats torn, rear-hatch struts not working, dents, leaks, wiring messes, etc.

This one actually has some thought behind it to preserve it rather than being driven into oblivion.

I agree fair price.

NateCrisman

Quoting jesus_ralliart:
Quoting NateCrisman:

Just curious.... why are ppl supposed to sh*t on my for sale thread?

I wasn't really advocating people go sh*t on your thread. I was pointing out the hypocricy of people shitting on Phils' thread where he is selling a 1G AWD and asking ~$2000 more than I sold the car for after doing significant work, upgrades, and investment while your asking ~$2000 more than you paid for #139 with not even your own photos in the ad and nothing changed or improved on the car. These guys shouldn't be posting crap in either thread, bottom line. His $2000 price change is justified by the car being significantly improved. Your both free to sell any car for any price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

your add was simply an apt example, and frankly, I don't understand what the fuss is about either add. The car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, regardless of the peanut gallery's opinion. I just found it funny that the "price police" were jumping all over Phil's 1g but not on nearly the exact situation with another car I sold on this forum that's also for sale at the same time. The comparison was just too easy to pass up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:

DSMGVR4

Congrats Phil! I was bidding and really wanted the car. I was ready to give a $100 more but hit the "confirm button" too late. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I'm an ebay noob. The winner was lucky because he placed his bid with 45 sec left...plenty of time for me to jump in but I didn't confirm it. I'm sitting there thinking," what do I do next???" (thinking I won) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Nice job on the flip. That driveway is gonna be nice!

PhilthMonger

yeah that's brutal man, I was hoping you'd get it. I was really surprised on the action this car got...everyone that came to see it wanted to buy it on the spot, I knew there would be a fight for it to the end. new owner from CT comin to get it tomorrow. You'll find another one. anyone interested in a 97 civic? thats next on the auction block /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSMGVR4

"You'll find another one" is what all my friends and family keep telling me! I've been looking for years for a nice ALL STOCK, LOW MILEAGE one! These things are getting extinct... nice 1Gs. For the record guys: Phil cleaned this thing up nice and the car exceeded my expectations when I test drove it. His auction ad was also very thorough with video and all. Good Guy!

4orced4door

I hope everyone who criticized your price feels like an asshole right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned