The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:'91 Blk GVR4, Sacramento, CA $1200 (SOLD!)

hauling_ass

This is the third one I have owned.

The Cliff notes are:
-Runs pretty good
-Nice inside
-Rough outside

I raised the price because I will take it to the DMV to have the VIN verification done AND I just found out today (12/18/10) at the DMV that the Fees are only $225!!
So, I will pay them for whomever purchases the car.
I also will take care of the required Brake and Lamp Inspection Certification which cost $120.
All that leaves is SMOG which I will first have it pretested.
If it passes I will go and have it smogged too so that is another $60.
I am ready to take care of all that and pay that money to make everything up to date and legit on the Galant if there is a serious buyer with cash in hand.
To further clarify I raised the price by $201 from $999 to cover roughly half of the remaining money that I have to put into to it to make it legal to drive again.

Delivery options are still available up to a maximum 8-10 hour drive from Sacramento, CA for a reasonable price.
For example:
-Towing it to Vegas, I would charge $500 to deliver it.
-Towing it to LA, I would charge $300 to deliver it.

I really don't want to see this go, but I have 7 cars right now including this one and I think it is time to thin out the herd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

I have had this one for over two years and probaly drove it about 60 miles total in that time.
It is a Black '91, no sunroof car. #861/2000 It has 198,658miles on it.
GVR46.jpg

GVR41.jpg

GVR42.jpg

GVR45.jpg

A little about the cars past:
It was saved from a tow yard when the place was about to send it to the scrapper.
I picked it up, got it running ok and parked it in a lot at a dealership my friend works at....and there is sat.
I had big plans to make it a dedicated rally car (the paint and body isn't great so I wont be upset if I flipped it or ran it into a tree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

The Good:
-The interior and dash is nice. It still has its badge. The drivers seat only has a minor tear on the middle seam of the seat part, but the boulster is still perfect.
GVR44.jpg

-New BG syncroshift in the tranny
-The tranny shifts smooth
-Fresh oil change with an OEM Mitsubishi filter
-New Battery
-New Starter
-New Thermostat
-Replaced the Downpipe with a good stock one I got from a member here.
-OEM catalytic converter I had left over from my very first Galant.
-It already had an all brass radiator in it when I got it.
-It always starts up and runs good
-It doesn't smoke.
-I have all the doglegs in the trunk and a replacement driversside fender in the back seat from my very first Galant.
-Last time I drove it the AC even worked!
GVR4Engine.jpg

The Bad:
-As with any 4G63 I would HIGHLY recommend a timing belt job before driving it a lot. It is definetly due on this one.
-The stereo is gone
-I start it once in a while to let it warm up then shut it off but the last time I did the guages and the power windows didn't work. Some fuse or relay must be bad now, which sucks. The problem could be because the interior fuse box is extremely corroded so all the contacts aren't good, but I am not sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The Ugly:
-The Roof has a dent that the previous owner attempted to cover up with a lot of bondo which I chipped of and removed.
GVR43.jpg

-The trunk lock cyilinder has been pryed out.
-The paint is faded and the clear coat is peeling
-The Hood is dented and the front driver side fender was replaced with a non GVR4 fender (different gravel guard trim) and the filler panel between the front bumper and the headlights has been replaced. BUT, I happen to have a near perfect replacement fender from my very first GVR4 that goes with it. Other than that the body is actually straight.lol
-The back windows have a crappy purple tint job on them.

It would be nice to sell it go to a good home instead of parting it out.
Anyone is welcome to meet up with me in Sacramento to check it out in person and go for a ride in it.

PM me with interest.

Last edited:

Hondasi88

I hope my friend doesn't see this car! He will ask me to drive from cali to MD.

good price!

hauling_ass

I have a car transport trailer and truck and can deliver for a small fee.
I'd check transport companies first because that would be a long ass drive for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sr71sss

total mad max style! I like very much just keep the outside the way it is and dont worry about parking it anywhere

damn its making me think long and hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Gotta look under the cushion for the money

glws

hauling_ass

It's funny that you mentioned Mad Max because at one time my 4WD Rock Crawler buddies wanted to build an exoskeloton for it.
They thought it would be funny that it would be all "fancy" on the interior with leather and suede and be ugly "Mad Max" style on the outside.
Also, that would be funny if you managed to buy it from me because then you would have bought every Galant VR4 I have ever owned.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

hauling_ass

I just updated everything.
$1200 for the Galant.

I will deliver for an additional fee for example:
+$500 Delivered to Vegas.
or
+$300 Delivered to LA.

I will pay the $225 DMV Fee.
I will have the VIN verification done at the DMV.
I will pay the $120 to have the Brake and Lamp Inspection Certification done.
I will pretest it for SMOG and if it passes I will pay the $60 to have it Smogged.

That should clear up any confusion with the status of this Galant.

hauling_ass

It will make it there no problem on my trailer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I am not confident driving it that far and it isn't legal to drive on public roads untill all that stuff I listed is taken care of.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts