The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 GVR4 $2000 COLORADO 80907 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, all! I have a Galant VR4 for $2000, but only until the end of this week. Has a new water pump, radiator, tires, t-stat, timing belts, all front engine seals replaced, pulleys replaced, new clutch, and new lower control arm ball joint. Engine is perfect and will run forever. I drive it every day. Car is bone dry underneath and never leaks a drop.

The reason I am selling this for $2000 this week only is due to the fact that I want to use the money from this car for another that I am buying. If I have to pull money from the bank this weekend for the other car then I will no longer sell this one for the $2000 as I will fix the roof and sell it for more later after I clean it up a little more. This is a great and totally reliable car for only $2000! With some work you can make money off flipping this thing if you really want to.

Issues:

Sunroof has bondo at the front top corner that is cracking. That will make it leak in the rain and the only thing killing the value of this car and why I can't ask $2000 more for it. The sunroof is a mess... I was going to pull the sunroof out and stick a steel plate over the hole and cover it with vinyl, but never did. That would definitely fix it though. I have all of the interior pieces and non-sunroof headliner I can include too if you decide to go that route.

Other issue is the trans will pop out of 2nd gear if you don't put it completely and fully into the gear before you let go of the clutch. It has been this way for over 10k miles and I always thought it was cables, but when I checked I found it's the trans. It's not worth my time to rebuild the trans in a car worth $2500, so I left it alone as it seems happy otherwise. It works perfectly other than that though.

Here are a few pics:

DSC03884.jpg

DSC03885.jpg

DSC03886.jpg

DSC03887.jpg

DSC03888.jpg

DSC03889.jpg

DSC03890.jpg

DSC03891.jpg

DSC03892.jpg

DSC03893.jpg

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03895.jpg

Also, the car has a 2G maf with a 1G side mount. The stock MAF and IC the GVR4s came with suck. I also swapped the exhaust manifold and popped in the 7cm turbine housing over the OEM 5cm. The turbo is still the original unit the car came with other than the turbine housing, and so is the engine. I'm not sure about the trans though. The stuff I put in there works a little better than the factory parts. Those are the only other things it has. Everything else is totally stock.

I would drive this car acrossed the counrty at any time. If you are out of State, and would like to purchase, it can be driven anywhere.

Thanks!

Jack

Email- [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Rausch

Please put a location in the title, or the thread will be deleted per the rules.
Thanks!

Interesting intake/IC setup. Do you have any pictures of where the DSM smic sits? Wondering if it gets much airflow. Thanks

The IC gets air from the OEM fog light hole. There are no fog lights. Been driving it in the snow and everything with the sidemount in and never had to touch it. Seems to work okay, but I never logged it so it could be just as bad as the OEM setup even though logic would suggest the side mount is better.

I'll try to take pics tomorrow, but I have two people fighting to take it, so I may not have time to do it.

I'm surprised there wasn't more of a response to this car in here. Thought it would be gone the second it was posted up. The local Craigs list seemed to have got the most attention which was weird...

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts