The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 92 Galant VR-4 521/1K *Please Close/Delete Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluFalcon

I'm looking to see if there might be some interest in my car. I love the car and would hate to see it go, but I need to move out of the house I'm renting by mid August, and I'm not sure where I'm going to end up. Either in another house with roommates or by myself in an apartment. I think I'd like to concentrate on getting a house for myself eventually and could use the money for a down payment. Plus getting rid of the car and garage full of spare parts would really make my life a lot easier. Anyway, here's some details about the car:

Bought the car in Colorado in 2005 from the second owner @ approx 151K miles. PO bought it with 25K on it from original owner. Car was a daily driver for a while, and became my primary project/fun car when I sold my 90 TSi/AWD last year. Car has never seen the dragstrip, just been driven "spiritedly" on the road. Car runs great, and is still a great DD. I just stopped driving it daily after I got rid of the Talon to keep the miles down. Cruise, A/C, Power Windows, P/S, 4WS and ABS are present and still work. I installed 91 tailights and still have the 92's as well.

Color: Kensington Grey With Sunroof

Mileage: Approx 172K

Interior: In good shape overall. Driver's seat has a small amount of wear on outer bolster. Dash has a small pinhole perforation near the dash plaque. Rear seats were replaced with seats from a 91 model in better shape. The tops haven't pulled the threads yet. OEM steering wheel was replaced with a MOMO.

Exterior: Body is straight and clean, aside from a few minor dings and dents. There is a small dent near the D/S tailight caused when I backed into a trashcan. The paint isn't great, but could be a lot worse. There are two spots on the roof that are fading due to sun exposure. The paint on the spoiler has completely faded due to the clearcoat coming up on the piece. The leading edge of the hood and the trim piece under the headlights, are pitted and could use some work. Not really noticeable until you get up close to it. Paint is still glossy everywhere else. Car does clean up nice.

Here's a list of mods that were done, along with some stuff that'll come with the car if bought for the asking price. I'd like to let it all go as one package, but if someone is seriously interested, we can work something out.

Engine:
6 Bolt Block with OEM 2G pistons
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Studs
HKS 264 Cams I/E
Polished 1G Intake Manifold
Fluidampr Crank Pulley

Turbo/Exhaust:
FP 68 HTA With Ported T/H
FP Race Exhaust Manifold
Ported EVO 3 O2 Housing
RRE EVO 3 Downpipe
3in High Flo Cat
3in Test Pipe
3in Megan Racing Catback With 3 in Dynomax UltraFlo Round SS Muffler
Thermal Racing 3 in Exhaust Tip

Intake/Intercooler:
ETS Intercooler Kit With Black Anodized Core, Polished SS Piping
1G BOV With Dejon Powerhouse Stop Leak Kit
Injen Style 2G Intake With Recirculation Fitting
2G MAS With K&N Filter

Fuel:
Walbro 255 lph HP In Tank Pump
Nippon Denso 720cc Injectors
Spooling Up Bolt On Adjustable FPR
Mechanical Fuel Pressure Gauge On Filter

Drivetrain:
Rebuilt 93 AWD DSM Transmission
SS Clutch Line
ACT 2100 With Street Disc
91-94 DSM Shifter Arm
Bronze Shifter Bushings
Symborski Shifter Base Bushings

Suspension/Brakes:
1G DSM AGX’s F/R
H&R GVR-4 Lowering Springs
Tein Camber Plates
SS Brake Lines
Rotara Slotted Rotors F/R
Hawk HPS Brake Pads F/R
GAB Rear Strut Bar
Front STB (Not Installed)

Wheels:
17x7 Drag DR-17 Wheels (5 Zigen FN01RC Knockoffs)
Falken FK-452 225/45/17

Electronics/Gauges:
Relocated Odyssey PC-925 Dry Cell Battery (Sits in original MAS Location)
Fuel Pump Rewired To Run Off Battery
EPROM ECU With Keydiver Chip For 720/2G MAS Combo
Greddy 60mm Electronic Peak/Hold Boost Gauge
PLX 52mm Wideband Display With Sensor Module
Apex-i AVC-R Boost Controller (Old Style)
Apex-i Turbo Timer (Black)
Apex-i Super AFC 1
JVC CD Head Unit
FAL Slimline Fan
93 Clear Headlight

Interior:
MOMO Competition Black Leather Steering Wheel
EVO 8 Black Leather Shift Knob
Black Leather Shift Boot

Extras (Not Installed):
JDM Front Bumper (Silver) With Projector Fogs And L-Brackets
JDM Rear Bumper (White)
JDM Hood With Vents (White)
JDM Amber Corners
1G DSM 4 Bolt Rear End With Axles
ABS 5 Lug Swap F/R
1G AWD Energy Suspension Bushing Kit
Rear Subframe/Diff Bushings

Asking $6500 For Everything Listed (Plus whatever else I find in the garage as I get ready to move out.)

Like I said, this is just a feeler ad right now. However if someone is seriously interested, I'll be hard pressed to say no. If you want to try and work out a deal, we can talk, but I'm pretty set on the price unless you'd like to remove some of the extras from the deal, or just make an offer for the car by itself. I'm not interested in parting out any of the extras listed in the ad, so please, DON'T ASK. If the car doesn't sell, I'll find a place to keep the parts and finish the car as I intended. If the car sells without the extras, THEN they'll be available. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Here are a few pics. If there's some serious interest, I'll post detailed pics of everything.

Ed_14.jpg

img.php

(Engine Bay Still Looks The Same: Substitute Polished Piping For The Black Pieces and a Cone Filter For The K&N FIPK Filter. Oh And NO CF Spark Plug Cover.)

P6270197.jpg

Last edited:

BluFalcon

No major rust. The area underneath where the battery was mounted originally does have a spot that could use a little work, but other than that nothing that raises any alarms. Overall a very clean car. Someone has requested undercarriage pics and I'll post them up once I take them.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

So how about you read his thread, especially on this part
Quoting BluFalcon:
I'm not interested in parting out any of the extras listed in the ad, so please, DON'T ASK.

464/2K

Quoting marvinmadman:
Rust from being in Colorado?

silly, there is no such thing as rust in colorado.

marvinmadman

Well, most of the vehicles that I see from anywhere it snows gets more rust than say a vehicle from down here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

BluFalcon

Please delete thread. Decided to keep the car and finish her up. Screw growing up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Launch

Quoting BluFalcon:
Screw growing up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

That's our ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts