The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 91 GVR4 627/2k in Indy, rebuilt turbo, new pics $3500

Metallihawk

Posting my galant up for sale. After owning 6 dsms I am ready to move on to something else. Bought the car in November of last year with 224k, and have spent the last year cleaning it up. Chassis now has 232k miles, bottom end mileage is unknown as it was replaced by a previous owner but has ~155psi compression across board. Head was rebuilt at 229k with OEM parts. Has been my DD since February, only downtime since then was due to the trans swap. Paint is Nile black and looks great,only major flaws are around front bumper and near sunroof as shown. Interior is very clean, no rips or tears. Power windows still work. Below is a quick rundown, everything with an asterisk means it has been done within my ownership. Looking for $3500 on stock wheels. Will throw in any other dsm parts I have laying around either way. No interest in trades, price is firm.

Engine:
- Rebuild stock head with FP2 Cams*
- ARP Headstuds and OEM Composite headgasket**
- New T-belt and related Pulleys*
- BSEK
- Evo 8 FMIC
- SC61 .60 A/R .63 hotside, 5 bolt flange
- Treadstone T3 Cast Manifold and TurboSmart 38mm Gate**
- Full 3" Exhaust, Vibrant Muffler*
- Saturn Alternator*
- Oil Pan w/ 8an Welded Bung for drain*
- Rebuilt TB, ISC and FIAV blocked off*
- Cruise control removed, battery relocated*

Drivetrain:
- TRE Stage 2 Trans*
- ACT 2600 PP, Clutchnet Disk, OEM TOB*
- 1g shifter cut and rewelded
- 3 Bolt LSD Rear
- KYB GR-2 Shocks and Whiteline Lowering Springs
- Drilled and Slotted Rotors
- Stock 91 wheels painted black w/ chrome lip, New tires

Fuel:
- PTE 680cc
- 6an braided line from tank to rail, Walbro 255 HP
- Aeromotive AFPR*

Exterior/Interior:
- 89 Underdash
- Wing delete, Used Vinyl to Cover Holes, will include stock wing in sale.
- 93 Headlights, chrome is peeling in driver’s side, 6k HIDS from sharphid.com
- Carbon speaker pod w/ Oil Pressure and Innovative LC-1 Wideband
- Autometer boost gauge on pillar
- Unknown brand turbo timer
- JVC Headunit w/ CD and HD Radio
- Kicker 600.2 Components in front
- Sony 4 Way 6.5” in back

ECU/Tuning:
- Eprom ECU with Ostrich
- Jackal/ DS-Map Speed Density Tuning
- Will include Palm IIIxe and necessary cables for logging

Other:
- A/C has been removed since it was beat up when I bought it, and a dual pass Audi radiator has been put in its place under the core support.
- 4WS blocked off
- ABS Removed
- PS Pump has been removed, one of the hard lines needs replaced

DSCF0201.jpg

DSCF0208.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

DSCF0204.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0214.jpg

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

Last edited:

Metallihawk

Bump for price drop. Turbo seal went bad, so the turbo is getting rebuilt currently. Car should be good to go by Friday, and I just got a new DD so need this gone. Looking for $3700 now. Thanks

---Nate

Metallihawk

BUMP for rebuilt turbo and headliner. Boosts great, found out it has a 360* thrust bearing upgrade already done. Replaced all seals, journal bearings, thrust bearing, etc. with new ones. Factory headliner put in, isn't perfect but better than nothing. Also has the factory wheels on it now. Have another car so it's just sitting until someone buys it. Willing to do a partial trade for a 240z in decent shape. New pics below.
DSCF0254.jpg

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0259.jpg

DSCF0261.jpg

DSCF0262.jpg

DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

gvr4ever

Good luck with the sale. One is enough for me, but that looks nice. If you're open to one suggestion. Try and find a headliner. That looks bad. Other then that, it looks like a great car.

Metallihawk

Bump to the top. Car runs great, had a couple people come look at it and drive it, but no sale yet. Take $3500 as it sits, $3700 with aftermarket wheels.

---Nate

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts