The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 #1303/2000 EX-Auto-x/Track car SF Bay Area, SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, it's back up for sale again, this time with a blow out price of $2500!! Yes, $2500…I need to sell this car ASAP. It is currently not running, & some of the aftermarket parts it had are now gone, but it is still an extremely clean 2-owner original CA car…no rust, all original paint, clean interior, etc…that could be up & running in no time. This car was originally set up for autocross & track-day events, but after I picked up my 94 Miata R earlier this year, this car was parked so I could focus on that. I tried selling this thing complete, but found no takers. So, since I had a lot of people asking about certain parts, I decided to sell off some of the performance items & then return the car to somewhat stock to be a daily driver. Well, I just picked up a newer car that I now want to play with, plus I just moved to the Bay Area where I have very little space, so the Galant needs to find a new home. Here is a rundown of what it still has…

I am the 2nd owner of this car, & it has always been in CA. I bought it in 02 when it was bone stock, & over the last 5-6 years it has gone through a few set-ups but has always been a great, strong, reliable car. I have owned & sold quite a few of these cars over the years, but this one I kept as my own because quite simply it was the nicest one I had ever seen. It has 150K +/- miles & is currently set up with stock shocks/strut/springs except for KYB GR2s in front, & even though it has a complete running engine, for this price it has NO turbo, intake, or exhaust. Here is a fairly complete list of what it still has;

Engine-
Stock intake manifold & T/B, EGR blocked, emissions, A/C & cruise control all removed
650 CC Precision Engineering injectors
Stock rail & FPR
Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump
AEM Uego wideband O2 & air fuel gauge set up
Apexi SAFC II air flow converter
Battery relocated to trunk (light weight Odyssey) with custom mount
Almost perfect original red cam cover
New valve cover gasket
NGK wires with special NGK Iridium race plugs
All Redline synthetic fluids in everything

Transmission-
Custom hybrid transmission, uses DSM case & final drive ratio but has gear set from JDM VR4 RS tranny (works great!), all new bearings, shims etc, very few miles on it
Quaife LSD center differential (awesome, pulls HARD out of corners, very tight)
ACT 2100 clutch
New CV axles in front
Still has functioning 4-wheel steering setup & open rear diff

Suspension & Brakes-
Stock springs & rear shocks, KYB GR2 front struts
Whiteline sway bars, 24MM front & the big 26MM rear
All poly bushings up front
New Brembo replacement front brake rotors
Stock dual piston front calipers
New Hawk HP + front brake pads, Metalmaster rear pads
Steel braided brake lines
Motul synthetic race brake fluid

Interior-
Clean stock leather seats, some stitching coming apart on top of rear seat
Dual A-pillar gauge pod with Auto Meter Pro Comp boost gauge & AEM digital A/F gauge
Center vents removed for custom gauge panel with Auto Meter oil temp, oil pressure, & water temp gauges, trimmed in carbon fiber (all electronic, no water or oil lines come inside the car)
Momo suede steering wheel
Apex I SAFC 2 mounted in ashtray location
Custom leather shift boot & knob
Includes original dash plaque as well as the coveted original keychain!

Exterior-
Very rare carbon fiber stock size rear spoiler
Custom front bumper opening for front-mount intercooler
Stock white 91 GVR4 wheels, needs tires badly

Here is what it needs… It has no stereo or antenna (antenna will be included though), driver seat needs to be mounted, driver automatic seatbelt needs to be re-installed (included), needs an alignment & tires, has no trunk carpet or board, has no turbo/intake/intercooler/exhaust, & the left headlight, both corners & fogs, & stock grill all need to be re-installed (all included). Here are some current pics, it needs a good wash & detail, but it’s just mainly dusty & will clean up very nice…

Now, I have a lot of stock & aftermarket parts that can be included depending on price. I was planning to make it a little more stock, so here is what I have for that…

Almost perfect low mile 14B turbo
Stock MAF & air box
Stock uncrushed 1G BOV
EGR valve & some emissions crap
Stock intercooler set up with all pipes, etc.
Complete stock turbo-back exhaust system
Plus possibly more since I am parting out a 92 at the moment.

Here is a list of the aftermarket items I still have. Again, these are not on the car but can be negotiated in if the new owner wants anything…

Ported 2G exhaust manifold
Tubular O2 housing
Certified Muffler complete 3” stainless turbo-back exhaust with a test pipe & an Apexi N1 muffler
Front mount intercooler & various piping
C&R aluminum race radiator with slim SPAL fan
Custom intake set-up with K&N filter
Chrome 2.5” DSM up-pipe with 1G BOV flange
Custom 2.5” throttle body elbow
Carbon fiber spark plug cover
Trust front upper strut bar
Whiteline rear upper strut bar

There may be more that I have missed, but as you can see there are some options for the new owner to set the car up the way they want. Take it all the way to stock for cheap, or put your own turbo/intake/fuel set up on there & go as fast as you want. Here is a couple pics of the car when it was in it’s prime...

This car regularly posted very fast times at local autocrosses, some very fast National-caliber drivers here in Northern CA will vouch for it....& that's all with skinny 225 tires! If someone wanted to build it up for the DSP class, flare it out a little & squeeze some 285/30-18 Hoosiers on there with some good coilovers, I still believe this car would be nationally competitive. It was also an absolute joy to drive around town, or at tracks like Thunderhill. As some of you know, I have had this car up for sale quite a few times without finding a buyer. I know it’s not in the condition it was in, but I’m not asking $7K anymore either!! Anyway, sorry for rambling on, please let me know if you have any questions, PM/email/call me any time as I'm sure I have left something out.
[email protected]
209-743-4989

Last edited by a moderator:

Bump!! I am in a pinch & need to sell this car ASAP!! I will make someone a great package deal for the car & all the performance parts I have with it. A couple days worth of work will have this thing running great!!

GolfBall

PM'd you

GolfBall

still waitin on reply?

Sorry, been on the road a bunch lately, PM sent. Car is still available!

turbofonz

If you were closer to me, I'd pick this thing up. Always liked this car, good luck with the sale.

Car has been sold, very sad to see it go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Good luck Nathan, take good care of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned