The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1991 Galant VR-4 #1267 of 2000 Pittsburgh, PA $1700

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScreaminE

The time has come for me to get rid of the Galant I acquired a few months ago. The car is number 1267 out of 2000. I bought the car in Ohio in April. He seemed like a good guy but didn't know much about DSMs or GVR4's but he was an rx-7 guy. I was tipped off by a member here to a Craigslist Columbus add. I drove out to get it and haven't put a ton of time into it other than odds and ends/cleaning and generally seeing what I had bought. Most of the engine mods on the car are by word of mouth. I've searched google and found some old forum info. This car has went from PA to MI to OH and now back to PA from best I can tell. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION: This IS a project car. It needs a few odds and ends to be roadworthy/inspection worthy. Here is the mod list from what I can tell and what I've been told:

EVO 4 front mount
Hard piping (rusty needs re-done)
K&N filter
ACT 2600 clutch (word of mouth?)
2.3 stroker with 13k miles on rebuild (word of mouth?)
small 16g turbo
Volt/oil pressure/boost gauges cheap brand on the A pillar
2.5 inch exhaust that is in poor condition
MBC

The car itself is in decent shape. It has been in an ass ender at one point in it's life. Front end has been resprayed poorly. The leather/interior is in great shape minus a few stains on the carpet and the driver seat being torn in the flat part (seen in pics). Tires need to be replaced thanks to dry rot. Has an oil leak in the turbo drain at the pan.

Transmission is not a happy camper. It is leaking fluid and has a hellacious grind going into second gear. The car will come with two good 90 model transmissions and matching transfer cases and a used ACT 2100.

I've tried to be as honest as possible with this car. Pictures make the car look amazing, but the body has dings/smudge marks. I am entertaining offers but won't go far below the asking price.

PICS

Last edited:

ScreaminE

The chasis has around 170k on it. There is little to no rust with the exception of the rear bumper support and under the passenger side door. The car runs/drives without any major issues.

GolfBall

pm'd you....

ScreaminE

Quoting fastjetta:
pm'd you....

I didn't get it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The AC lines have been removed, but the cond. and compressor are both still there.

GolfBall

sent another one.... hopefully it works this time...

I am praying that you still have this come decemember haha fat chance though.

hey wondering if you still have the car and when you say you wont go down by much whats your lowest can you send me more pics interested

ScreaminE

I am sticking to the asking price of $1700 and not budging. It's getting old people offering me a grand for it when I see other running cars on here selling for $4k with similiar issues this car has.

I also need to clear something up right now about this car. NO, I do NOT trust this car to make a 24 hour drive to Texas, or Iowa, or Florida. It starts, it runs, it drives just fine around town, but with the tires and the lack of driving time I have logged, I will not bet that it will make a long drive. If your coming to get it, I strongly reccommend a trailer. Please stop PMing me asking if it will or why it won't make a long drive.

I am sorry to be firm, but I have been FLOODED with PM's from tire kickers.

JackbNimble

Hey, sorry, I called and talked with you on the phone a few weeks ago about the car. I was the one that said I had a '90 GGSX. I was pretty interested in the car, but some financial things came up and it's not in my budget to be able to purchase it at this time. Maybe in a few months if it's still available, I'll pick it up off your hands.

GVR4458

You may find that somehow (?) verifying the mileage and taking care of the tranny may result in a quick sale for more money. That's all I can offer except a BUMP for you. Good luck on the sale. This seems like a solid deal.

EH

Meh 1700 for a running vr4, I think that is a hell of a deal, hes even including 2 transmissions. To build a 2.3 would cost the price of the car. Mileage is kind of a must but as long as the engine runs without smoking meh I'd be satisified.

beigetsi

Yeah price is worth it, a rebuild is worth 1700 easily. A 2.3l is free no real cost to go stroked same as stock build.I must tell you he is FIRM and has every right to be. Why is the car so far? Why?

Last edited:

ScreaminE

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've had a lot of tire kickers offering me $1200 and $1000 for it trying to point out the bad and to make me cave. I have a local interested and I'd like to sale this thing cash money. I've sold cars through pay pal and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts