The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 989/2000 1991 Galant VR-4 Maine REDUCED to $600.00 !!!

Chad989of2000

GIVE ME HOME - THIS CAR HAS SAT TOO LONG AND I CAN'T AFFORD TO TAKE ON ANOTHER PROJECT.

The time has come to downsize my fleet of possible projects as the house closing date nears. This was my first GVR-4 it is 989/2000, a 1991 Belize Green model wo/ sunroof and 220k miles. It has been parked for about a year and a half now as I moved to Virginia and the experienced engine trouble (never had time to work on it as I planned). This car will need to be towed as it is not running.

The Good:
Momo Steering Wheel
4WS Blocked Off
ABS switchable on/off
Whistler in dash radar detector (very nice setup)
Pioneer cd player
ECU Recapped
Leather is in great shape only one seam coming apart on driver's seat
Full 3" exhaust
Great sounding dual tip muffler

The Bad:
Engine needs rebuild? Car needs to be towed
Scrape on Pass side (see pics) Both doors still work only cosmetic damage
No injectors, Gas tank trunk cap, or mass (all removed for 141/1000, but can add to sale for slightly higher cost). Interior needs much loving after sitting in wilderness for 2 years.

Overall car is in pretty good condition...no rusting and with doors repaired could look good again. Transmission worked fine...and it has a newer oem clutch and aluminum radiator. Make this your project car and give it some TLC, I hate to see it just sitting around. Car will also come with original wheels. PM me for any more details/offers.

Last edited:

Any better pictures of that scrap? and a picture of the missing gas cap? Kind of looks like the back corner may be pressed in a little.

Chad989of2000

Another pic of side scrape...it was a hit and run while I was in a convenient store. Car is located in Maine. Rear quarter is scraped too, but I was told that could be repaired and that it would be easier just to swap out the doors. None of the damage affects door functionality though.

GVR4_1057

I wish this thing was at your Virginia residence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Chad989of2000

Don't think you'd ever want to do that...about to block off 141's. I prefer the drive of it with 4ws blocked off.

Chad989of2000

When it last ran in 2007 tranny was fine...no issues, replaced oem clutch only has about 5k miles on it also.

carscrash83

GIve me a call or email me. I can come and pick it up on Saturday or Sunday. Where exactly is it in Maine? [email protected] (860)601-2850

Ralli380Gvr4

How was the abs system modified to have an off/on switch?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned