The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 92 Plymouth Laser RS AWD SOLD Wilmington De

Status
Not open for further replies.

slobra

Up for sale is a 92 Laser 6 bolt 4 bolt from the factory with 105K miles. Used it as a daily driver with no mods until the clutch started to wear. It now has an ACT 2100 and RRE flywheel. Previous owner claimed to have replaced the timing belt around 95K. Other then the clutch, I replaced the tie rod ends, carrier bearings, and valve cover (original was cracked).

The car is Black and the paint isn't bad. It has a couple chips on the hood and the piece that surrounds the windshild wipers on the cowl is rusted. Also by the rear passenger side window part of the trim is loose. The interior is pretty nice besides the roof liner which is falling down. The previous owner installed a pwr/eco switch that acts as an anti theft system. The car won't start when its pressed.

I used it to get back and forth to work but now I just don't have the room for it. $3500 obo

HPIM1472.jpg

The rest of the pictures are here Click

Last edited:

ktmrider

What's the build date, ie 6 or 7 bolt?!?
Bump, nice looking example.

GIjoe

ahh this makes me miss my Laser RS.....

slobra

Quoting ktmrider:
What's the build date, ie 6 or 7 bolt?!?
Bump, nice looking example.

Build date is 10/91. When I did the clutch I loosened 6 bolts on the flywheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. But yeah its a 6 bolt engine, 4 bolt rear.

atc250r

Staff member
Bump for my favorite DSM evar! No wing & minimal skirts = looks like a 1.8L model to most people.

John

slobra

Actually it also has prothane engine mounts, sorry about that, I left that out.

But yes, other then the clutch, flywheel and engine mounts its completely stock.

Its also worth mentioning that I sent the ecu out to Terry Posten to clean and socket the ecu. The caps were previously replaced according to him.

If you have anymore questions or want more pictures, or even a test drive, just PM me and we'll set something up.

bigblock4g63

is there any rust on the car ?

slobra

Quoting bigblock4g63:
is there any rust on the car ?

Other then the couple of chips on the hood there really isn't any rust or rust damage at that. I'll post some pics of the underside of the car and detailed pics of the hood.

evolved4g63

That is a nice car you have there. Any idea of when the last timing belt change was done?

slobra

About 2 years ago and the previous owner did it. He claimed the original belt snapped on him and he replaced the head, timing belt, balance shaft belt, water pump and tensioner.

I'm interested in the car, is the car still running in a daily driver condition? Can I see some pics of under the car (pertaining mainly to any oil leaks and or rust) and some pics of the headliner please. Does the transmission grind at all or have trouble going into any gears or popping out of any gear while driving? Do you have a clean and clear title for the car in hand? Thank you for the pics and info on the car. I am about an hour and half away so if the info and the pics look good i'd like to come see the car in person and check it out some more and if there are no bad surprises I'd like to buy it. I'd like to get as much info on the car as possible because once i drive up there i plan on driving the car back. Also if you have any additional maintenance records for the car, I'd be interested as well. Please reply by email, cell, or this thread but i'm not likely to check my PM's on this site often.
Thanks again,
[email protected]
(443)527-6381

vr4210

Does anyone have a thread on how to install the power/eco switch to work as an anti theft deterrent??? your ride looks pretty sweet btw:)

I'm working on purchasing it, waiting for some more info, although it's been less than 12 hours. I'm just rather anxious to see it in person. Hey slobra give me a call as soon as you see this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts