The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 92 GVR4, $6000 Norristown, Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

It's time for me to liquidate some vehicles. I'll probably regret selling this one the most, since it's such a nice example.

The first is what used to be my Dad’s 1992 Galant VR-4 #282/1000. It was purchased by him when it was one year old, and had 22K on it. The chassis now has 135K on it, and is in excellent shape. It spent most of its life sitting in my parents garage when it wasn’t being driven, which as you can tell by the mileage was periodic at best. I’d say in the last three years it’s had less than 500 miles put on it. I did all of the maintenance since we bought it, and I’ve replaced a lot of the original parts with upgraded stuff. I got it from him about a year and a half ago, and proceeded to go through it again to replace what needed to be replaced.

Here is a rundown of the vehicle:
Chassis has 132K on it, has original paint, in very good shape. It’s not perfect, but it still looks awesome when it’s cleaned up.
Engine has about 500 miles on it since I rebuilt it.
New OEM rings
New OEM bearings
New OEM timing belt and tensioner
New OEM water pump
Rebuilt cylinder head
Stock cams and compression
All new OEM gaskets and seals everywhere

Turbo kit is the original HKS T4 turbine kit:
T4 cast manifold, ceramic coated
T42 turbo with a .48a/r T4 hot side
HKS cast O2 housing
50mm HKS racegate that dumps back into the O2 housing
Heat shields (that I didn’t install, since I like the look of the ceramic coated kit)
Cast aluminum lower IC pipe.

Other things I’ve done to the car:
5 lug swap with OEM 97 Eclipse 5 spoke chrome wheels with fresh tires
750cc injectors
Eprom ECU with custom chip with revised timing maps
HKS VPC
Apexi AFC
Spearco FMIC with the 2-178 core and 2.5” stainless pipes
4 bolt rear end
DSM steering wheel
ACT 2900lb clutch that for some reason feels much lighter than that.
Supra fuel pump
Race-built trans, with the older, stronger, 3-4 setup and double synchro 2nd gear. The best shifting trans I’ve ever driven in ANY DSM.
Car has KYB AGXs on the front and GR-2s on the rear, but they could be replaced due to age at this point.
H&R springs.
Full 3” exhaust with high flow cat, and the car is QUIET. Not gonna get pulled over driving this around.
Old school VDO 0-30psi boost gauge on the A-pillar.
4WS was eliminated recently when one of the lines to the rear started leaking, which lead to the 4bolt swap.
Car uses Talon shifter, with black leather shift boot.
New alternator installed.
JDM clear corner lights
Front suspension has some Energy Suspension bushings installed, along with front swaybar bushings.

OEM stuff:
AC still blows ice cold.
OEM radio with tape deck/CD combo.
Sunroof car, works fine.
Have both OEM keys to the car, but no FOB.
Car has original owners manual and window sticker.
ABS no longer works, since I didn't feel like swapping the tooth rings on the hubs when I did the 5 lug conversion.

I'm going to miss this car, because of how nice it is. The only problem is that I never drive it. I was in it recently, and noticed that although the PA inspection ran out on it, they write the mileage on the stickers from when it was inspected last. Well, since it got inspected in October of 07, it's had about 300 miles put on it. Hopefully somebody else will put it to better use.

I will include whatever stock parts I have that I removed from this car, including the stock air can, K&N filter, MAF, steering wheel, etc.

I don't *have* to sell this car, but I think there's probably someone out there that wants a nice, clean, NOT HACKED GVR4, that was modified nicely.

Thanks for the space. I'll be posting another one shortly, although I haven't quite committed to selling the other one yet.

Nate

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
Double bump for Nate! If I had $9K to spend on a GVR4 this would be the one I'd buy.

John

curtis

Man don't part it out and don't discount the car. Its to nice to do either. If you really want it gone stick it on ebay, the dsm/evo crowd will see it and snatch it up.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That has to have the nicest original green paint I have ever seen. The green seem to lead the fade race usually.

Polish

I'd pay that in a second, that is a NICE GVR4 and the OG HKS Turbo kit is BALLER.

JNR

I wouldn't say the price is too high, per se (would need to see it in person to make a final judgement), but keep in mind that right now is a terrible time to sell anything; especially something like these cars, being the banks are being stingy as it is. It's a shame, but will need to remain patient.

I have so many things to sell myself (including one or two of my cars) and I'm holding out for a few months at least (I hope) to put it all up.

Unless you're desperate, just keep this mindful and good luck...Btw, never seems like this place is the best to sell these if they're beyond the < $4-5k "average" examples.

Last edited:

464/2K

Quoting TREVTEC:
9K, LoL

nother cheap ass dsmer, lolz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

getboosted

Nate
May I have your autograph?

posted 01/09/09 04:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the price too high? Or should I think about parting this out? Open to offers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you asked, I would say the price is too high for what it has! Good luck with the sale though!

Seems like a pretty clean and unhacked VR4 which is always sweet to find. I'm curious if our cars are really worth as much as some of us are trying to sell them for though I'd love to think id get the money back that I have in mine aslong as it's done right and clean, but I know I probably wouldn't. I think I would sit on it for awhile and definitely not part it out. Too nice of a rare car. Good luck with the sell

3rdstrikedsm

Imho it is worth close to the asking price, He can aske what he want's or feels it is worth.
Please don't lowball people with 4k offers, I mean, What do you expect when you say something like it is worth 4k?

Car looks good and clean, Good luck with the sale.

Nate

Honestly, I'd love to keep it, but after driving it 300 miles since last inspection, I realize that I just don't need it. Thanks for the compliments, guys.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Guys, please show some respect for others.

If you think the price is too high, don't buy it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Posting unecessary and derogatory remarks in someone elses for sale thread is a sure way to earn the same scorn and derision for yourself if you ever try and sell something.

This board has a long memory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck with the sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Yes, thank you John. I removed the BS from the thread. Let's keep it on topic. Inflammatory statements will not be tolerated. If you would like to discuss the price (since Nate asked) in a constructive and respectful manner that's great.

John

Nate

Got a few more pictures from the digital camera. Price is $8500/obo now. I would remove parts from the car to lower the price, specifically the HKS kit. On to some interior pics!

1badgvr4

I would love to have it.I would even pay the 9k I just need to be out of school.If you decide not to sell ill contact you in a year lol. Im the biggest fan of period correct mods so the HKS kit should stay on there.

Quoting Polish:
I'd pay that in a second, that is a NICE GVR4 and the OG HKS Turbo kit is BALLER.

for sure...HKS rare hotnessss. Is it the "divided" manifold and divided t4 hotside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts