The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 2000 Subaru 2.5 RS with USDM WRX swap Wilson, NC $9950

watchdoc

This car passes NC OBDII emmissions and has a current inspection sticker

Chassis - '00 Impreza 2.5RS, Blue Ridge Pearl, Cloth interior, Sunroof, 5spd Manual trans with 4.11 gears and factory LSD
-Current mileage: 131k
-Mileage when swap was done: 93k
-Mileage on swapped engine at time of swap: 36k
-Engine rebuilt at: 128k miles
Drivetrain:
-2.0L USDM (rebuilt/reinstalled by DS1motorsports in Chicago, IL)
-Forged Wiseco pistons; 8.2 CR, 0.5mm over
-ACL race coated bearings
-New OEM gasket kit
-New OEM timing belt, water pump, oil pump at time of rebuild
-New OEM O2 sensor
-New OEM radiator hoses
-WRX radiator (40k miles)
-New belts
-TGV delete/ported (openecu fix)
-Stock TD04 turbo
-INJEN catless uppipe
-Stock downpipe/cat section
-Bosal dual tip exhaust 3”
-ACT clutch, new stock disc at time of rebuild
-Primitive racing tech flywheel (~14lbs)
-Lower mileage RS tranny installed at time of rebuild (70k miles) (Valvoline Synthetic)(transmission works perfect and makes no odd noises or whines)
-Rear LSD differtial stock (Motul oil)
Brakes:
-WRX rotors/ caliper carriers in front (larger than RS)
-Outback Sport H6 rotors/carriers in rear (Much larger than RS)
-Hawk HPS in front; New Axxis pads in rear
Suspension:
-Perrin lowering springs with AGX struts
-Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear sway bar (3 settings)
-Rear wheel bearings done 5k miles ago by DS1motorsports
-subframe locks
Interior:
In good shape, no rips or tears in seats, dash and panels look good w/a few scratches on some of the door panels
-4 gauge pod. One gauge (boost)- the one that comes with the AVO turbo kit for the 2.5RS
-Momo shift knob
-Ultra short shift kit (stock shifter included as well)
-Momo hub and Top Power wheel (stock steering wheel w/ airbag included)
-Pioneer MP3 CD player Stereo (XM ready)
Exterior:
Looks nice with the exception of rock chips from highway driving, typical Subaru soft paint is pretty submissive to chips on the front end. Outside isn't perfect but looks nice. Some scuffing on the bumpers.
Wheels:
-RS six spokes (silver) with BFG KDW 225 series tires. Incredible grip!!

Electronics/Emissions:
-All electronics work except airbag was removed and cruise was deleted ; A/C works (I have the stock steering wheel and air bag)
-Passes NC emissions; OBD II port works perfect, no check engine lights
-Pioneer MP3/ Sat ready CD heat unit.
Misc:
-Official wiring diagrams of '00 RS and '02 WRX
-Paper trail of all work performed throughout the ownership of the car, very complete.
Driving: Car runs great, handles fantastic, and stops on a dime. It pulls hard through all the gears and makes no funny noises. Tranny doesn't grind any gears and clutch holds strong. I've been getting around 20mpg in the city and around 27mpg on the highway.

OUTSTANDING ISSUES
-antenna is disconnected from the radio and needs to be plugged in
-A/C blows cool but not cold
-one fog light out (needs bulb)
-heat shield needs to be installed over turbo (I have it)
price lowered to $8995 obo

Call David at 252-717-0457

Last edited:

ktmrider

Flock this is a beauty.
For those not in the know these RS swaps are schweet. You get the benefits of a WRX/STI drivetrain and lose about 400lbs of lard.
GL with the sale!

G

Staff member
This would make a fun winter beater.

381gvr4

Bump for a great buy!!!! Miss my 99RS the most of ALLLLL the cars I've had and built. GREAT BUY!!!!!!!!

VR4ownzU

Good luck with the sale! Next to a galant, one of these are my 2nd choice for a winter car.

watchdoc

Thanks for the compliments guys. I bought this car for rallyx and street use but it turns out that it's just more power than my skills can take advantage of in the dirt so i'm going back to my 2.2 liter outback sport. It's also a lil too nice to abuse.

The lightweight GC chassis (under 2800lbs), 4.11 gears, and TD04 turbo conspire to make this a really quick car up to 100mph. After that, the gearing and turbo run out of steam.

It's also comfy, practical, reliable, and easy to work on.

89coltgt

Good luck with the sale. These are way better looking than the wrx.

awsome car gd luck with sale i looked all over for this exact car and just setteled for a 2002 wrx for the same price ......damn i wish i saw this a week ago

4orced4door

Wow, I wish I could buy this. One of my favorite cars with the engine that it should've came with. Looks awesome.

marvinmadman

I'd trade my 337 GTI for this if I didn't still owe on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Or if somebody buys it, I could replace it with this. Nice car that I always wanted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

watchdoc

Keep the offers coming guys. Some nice cars so far but nothing that really got me excited.

I don't think you could build one of these yourself for less than $12k and that would be with doing your own labor.

watchdoc

Yes, I might be. Please provide details and pics of the car. I don't want any projects so it needs to be a finished car. Lot's of half done LS1 swaps out there.

watchdoc

Hard to tell much from those pics. Shoot me some better pics. Whose kit did you use for the install?

Last edited:

watchdoc

Thanks Eric, good hearing from you.

Just had dent wizard come out and remove the dings. Car looks much better now. Keep the offers coming.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts