The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: GVR4 #1751/2000 - $4,000 o.b.o. - Mpls, MN - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just bought an Acura Vigor, which has one more cylindar, one less turbo, and slightly better gas mileage than the VR4, but is otherwise almost the same car (yeah, I'll miss the AWD, but I'll survive...). No point having 2 of these things, so I'm considering selling the Galant, but only if I can get what it's worth (so no low-ball offers).

My asking price is $4,000, although I'll consider any serious reasonable offer.

The Galant is in great shape, with no mechanical problems, well maintained, and a decent body. There are a few minor rust spots in the usual places, and no damage. Interior is in good shape, with just a few scrapes and scratches here and there.

Most importantly, there are NO MODIFICATIONS, other than aftermarket moonroof (good quality) and CD player. However, I'll probably pull the deck out, so you have the choice of either reinstalling the factory deck (which I do have, although it's not in the car), or installing your own deck (I'll leave the deck kit in there so your own deck will fit).

This is a good car for someone who wants a clean slate to mod, or if you want to keep it as-is for a fun daily driver.

Honestly, I love this car, and if I could afford to have a big garage with lots of cars, this would be in there forever. But I'm not in a position where I can keep an extra car around as a hobby car, and I think it would be better suited in the hands of someone who can help this car live up to its potential. I don't have the time, money, or expertise to turn it into the sleek sleeper it should be, and I feel guilty racking up miles using it as a daily driver (currently a bit over 140,000 miles on it)... I'd rather sell it now when it's still relatively young and in good condition, so at least the car will have a chance to turn into something special, rather than just keeping on driving it until some day it becomes too old to keep around.

So anyway, this post is just a feeler to see if anybody might be interested in this car. I'll probably post an official "For Sale" ad once I've had time to take a bunch of pictures, give it a good wash, etc. (And of course say my goodbyes, because this car will be sorely missed...)

Any thoughts? Any interest in a good condition, un-modified (mostly) pearl-white '91 Galant VR-4 with aftermarket moonroof and all the other usual features?

Here are some OLD pictures - 2 years ago - (the bra hasn't been on there since shortly after I took these pictures, only used it to keep the bugs off the bumper, took it off when I got home):

Last edited by a moderator:

strokin4dr

Quote:
Just bought an Acura Vigor, which has one more cylindar, one less turbo, and slightly better gas mileage than the VR4, but is otherwise almost the same car

A 5 cylinder Vigor? Sweet!!!

Almost the same car as the vr4? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

I didn't know much about Vigors until I started looking into it yesterday, but apparently that's the standard engine.

And what I mean by "almost the same car" is that it's a 4-door semi-luxury sedan with leather interior, similar features, similar horsepower (a little less in the Vigor, hence the better gas mileage), similar appearance (Vigor is a little more sleek, longer, no spoiler...). In terms of basic features and appearance, it's a very similar car. But, the big differences are the ones that make the VR-4 special: turbo, AWD, AWS... When I first bought the VR-4 a couple years ago, I was actually shopping around for a 4-door Acura Legend with a stick-shift, but there aren't very many of those out there. When I saw this 5-speed Vigor, I knew I had finally found the car I was looking for 2 years ago.

boostingwild

good luck with it..my dad had a 2 door legend type 2..it was sweet and i only got to drive it a few times before he sold it and bought a mustang gt

Funny you should mention that, I was just in the process of getting some pictures... These are old pictures, but they should give you an idea what the car looks like. I'm going to take some recent pictures soon, but first I want to wash the car, probably sometime this weekend.

There is a little bit of rust in a few small spots... For example, about 2-inch-wide patch of rust above the driver's-side headlight, and some small rust spots along the top edge of the windshield, plus little areas of rust behind the rear doors... Mostly rust-free, but just a few tiny little areas of rust. Nothing significant.

+1 for a really well maintained car! Its a clean car minus the few small rust issues that easily repairable. I've witnessed Ben put the last 40,000 miles on it! He is an honest guy who isn't hiding anything at all. Best of luck with the sale. If i had the $$$$ I would snatch it in a heartbeat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sent you a pm. fellow golden valleyite here, very very interested. I miss my old white #145/1000 and I would love to own one of these babies again

sale pending to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

unless ben changes his mind, in which case I'm buying another subaru /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts