The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: VR4 for winter beater (loving the AWD and power)

Status
Not open for further replies.

this means I'm looking to spend no more than $2000

It doesnt' have to look perfect/pretty (dents/scratches/minimal rust o.k.)

BUT it must be reliable.

o.k. this should be interesting to see the responses.. lol

iLLeffeKt vr-4

$2000 and reliable don't belong in the same post.

I disagree but we shall see what gets posted.

remember, i am o.k. with cosmetic eyesores.. bad paint, dents, some rust... but MUST be reliable (good upkeep on maintenance, etc.)

Polish

Good luck in your search but you are not going to find a perfectly maintained DD worthy GVR4 for 2k. Take a look around the for sale ad's for ones in good shape and note the prices. They don't come cheap, if they do it's because they are piles.

If you want a nice one with a few mods and in good mechanical and decent aesthetic shape I'd suggest Icemans VR4.

It is worth the cost in my opinion but way out of your range.

Last edited:

mikus

you're entitled to opinion, but as suggested above it seems improbable.

I troll the FS a lot, and don't see what I'd consider reliable DD's for $3k much less $2k. The trend seems to be that $2k cars need some form of major work, $3k cars minor work, $4k gets you into something solid & trustworty, and it's motors & mods from there.

well, then I guess I won't be buying one.

A good friend of mine just sold his for $3500 and it was very reliable (I even contemplated buying it).. it had some cosmetic issues (got keyed on one side, needed a new fender and hood) and paint wasnt in the best shape but mechanicaly it was very sound.. it only needed front brake pads.

I would consider $2500 if it's very close by and not modded out, badly maintainted.

It's o.k.

It was a thought but there is simply no way I'm going to pay $4k or more for a 91 or 92 car when I can get a $500 FWD beater again easily enough (I had a 90 celica for one winter, it cost me $500 cash, and all I did was buy a battery, oil change and headlight).. kept it 3 months and sold it for $1000.. lol

I thought I'd try.. doesn't hurt to try.

sorry guys but I don't see it as THAT special in the end. enjoy your cars!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Thanks for the visit.

Quote:
PM sent, talk to me on AIM at cman2770 to make it a little easier.

PMed you.. LMK

thanks

Quote:
Thanks for the visit.

lol.. hey, one of your own posted this in the newbee section where I first posted.. pretty much makes me want to run....

"- 1 on getting one.

these guys are all obsessed and have biased opinions.

I've never spent so much money on a car in such a short period of time, and I can only manage to work on them because I have small girlish hands. They break all the time, and they will attract the attention of 30 teenage grease monkeys for every 1 girl and she's going to be butch. Gas mileage is great, I've had a full tank in mine for a month. Because I can't drive a car that doesn't run. I've heard more stories about broken belts here than a infomercial for Jenny Craig."

Polish

. delete me....

Last edited:

delete? why.. what did you have to say?

I must say guys.. out of all the cars I've owned/bought/contemplated buying.. you are the least welcoming, least warm bunch..

I've owned a lot of cars and been on a lot of forums and not even the cheapskate neon crowd seems as bad as some of you with your nasty/negative comments!

You guys have a neat car.. interesting enough for me to contemplate it for a winter beater due to the AWD and decent stock power.. but not interesting enough to hang around people who just want to jump down my throat..

you make it sound like I am expecting a miracle.. so be it.. but I saw what a difficult time my friend had selling his.. he wanted $4500 but only got $3500 and it was the car that made me contemplate owning my own (I was impressed with the car that I knew very little about)

sorry guys but I'm much less impressed with your attitudes.. doesn't make me want to be considered part of your group.

Please start a new thread if truly interested in a vr-4. Please do some market research prior as well. Also guys if you don't have one to sell her don't reply. This thread is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned