The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Galant VR4 Race Car. in AZ $10,000 o.b.o. (NEW PRICE)

kcpaz

My financial situation has recently changed so I have to get rid of a project. I know I will never get my investment out of this car (especially my time) but I need to focus on other things right now. So here it is...

Last edited:

kcpaz

some more pictures...

Here are the specs...

Exterior

-vented carbon fiber hood
-fiberglass deck-lid
-89’ Galant grill
-JDM front bumper
-JDM 4H headlights w/city lights
-HID conversion
-JDM projector fog lights

Interior/Chassis

-NHRA/SCCA regulation custom, TIG welded 8 point roll cage w/ .120 DOM main hoop and DOM throughout
-Corbeau racing seats
-RCI 5pt. harnesses
-Defi gauges (oil press. water temp, boost, EGT) Autometer tach/shift light
-AEM wideband
-Momo racing wheel (suede)
-EVO 8 shift knob
-manual window conversion w/lexan windows
-removed sound det. Material and “comfort features” (completely gutted interior)
-HVAC deleted
-Custom aluminum sheet metal dash

Exhaust

-ported EVO III manifold
-ported EVO III O2 housing
-16G turbo
-custom 3in. stainless steel exhaust (mandrel bent throughout) w/high flow cat.
-Magnaflow 3in. stainless straight thru muffler

Suspension

-D2 coil-over system
-Whiteline suspension bushings on front arms/ heims or ball joints everywhere else
-Whiteline Sway bars front and rear 22mm/26mm
-Brand new 1G DSM rear subframe
-new ball-joints throughout
-3SX adjustable upper rear control arms
-custom active steer elimination
-3 bolt LSD
-4WS delete
-ABS delete
-Custom lower rear control arms (adjustable)
-Power steering delete

Tires, Wheels, Brakes

-Enkie RPF1 17x8 wheels
-5 lug conversion
-Yokohama ES100 tires 245/40/17
-3000GT TT front brakes w/Stillen drilled rotors
-EBC Yellow brake pads front and back w/EBC rear dimpled rotors
-stainless braided brake lines.

ECM and Tuning

-Greddy Profec B specII
-Apexi turbo timer
-DSM link
-3.5 GM MAS w/MAFT
-660CC injectors
-Apexi turbo timer
-AEM Wideband

Engine and transmission

-Custom FMIC
-Centerforce clutch
-Custom Aluminum radiator with 1G thermostat housing
-Walbro 255 Fuel pump
-Aeromotive AFPR
-12” SPAL puller fan
-battery relocated to trunk (NHRA/SCCA certified with remote cut-off, and breakers)

I know this probably isn't the best forum for this, but I figured I would try it here first.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I know you posted some specs in the distant past, but you should add it here so people can validate the asking price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck buddy. I always liked watching the progress of this build. So much wonderful work into it.

kcpaz

You're right there. I REALLY don't want to get rid of it. I love this car, but the cost of maintaining 2 race cars is starting to wear on the bank account..... and the marrage. I'm still trying to work out a way to keep it though. time to ask the boss for a raise /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

DR1665

I've been in this car, personally. Attention to every detail is evident. Fit and finish for a track car are exceptional. You'll find no half-ass here.

(Wish I was in the market, sir.)

Quote:
but the cost of maintaining 2 race cars is starting to wear on the bank account..... /quote]

What you need is a nice street car GVR4 and just have that 911 project to go all out on.

Meanwhile we should probably just trade cars. Either one. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/banghead.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Fixed the title for you.

G

Staff member
Looks nice. Are you going to part it out if it doesn't sell ? What's the offset on those wheels ?

kcpaz

Quote:
Quote:
but the cost of maintaining 2 race cars is starting to wear on the bank account..... /quote]

What you need is a nice street car GVR4 and just have that 911 project to go all out on.

Meanwhile we should probably just trade cars. Either one. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/banghead.gif

Yeah, the 911 would be a better candidate for a road race car. I would turn the Galant into a drag race car, but I'm just not into driving in a straight line.

I don't think I would part the car out..... although I could probably make a killing on it that way.

kcpaz

decided not to sell....... for now. We'll see how things go. Thanks for then support guys.

kcpaz

So I'm ofically going to sell the Galant. My boss let me take one of his 911's out to the track today and now I think I'm going to turn my 911 into my track car.... so the Galant has to go because I can only afford to maintain one track car. The plan is to sell the Galant, my wife's V70 turbo wagon, and buy my an EVO and give her my truck.

kcpaz

here is the Ebay link...

click

skivittlerjimb

Where have all the road racers gone? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/bawling.gif CJ Moses goes to an Evo, Bob in C. goes to a 944 Turbo, Cy goes to a Spec. Miata, and now kcpaz goes to a 911. What's next, Larry Parker in a Saab 99? Guess the few left will have to keep the flame going for a while not that I'd kick any of those cars mentioned above out of my garage, mind you. (well, probably I would kick the Saab out...)

Good luck with the sale. Any chance you've kept roll cage dimensions and measurements? I don't expect them for free, obviously, but it would be nice to at least retain the data from a cage builder that clearly built a quality cage design.

-Jim B.
280/1000

kcpaz

I'll have to look through my notes and see if I still have my roll cage info.

To be honest, I don't think this car is really going to sell.... and if it didn't, I would be okay with that. It would just mean that I would have to sell a kidney or something the next time I have to buy some tires /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/uhh.gif

kcpaz

Didn't sell on Ebay and I probably won't list again. Price is now $10K

kcpaz

It's on Craigslist now. Price is 10K

kcpaz

Yeah, and it would take twice the asking price to build your own.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts