The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Testing the waters 949/1000 with evo 8 parts UPDATE: EMERGENCY PRICE DROP 1K

Hey guys, gauging interest in the basket case of 949/1000. Car is in north Reno. It has a salvaged NV title (booo) Theft recovery driver door is screwed. However, it has almost everything from the headliner to door panels. Doesn't drive but rolls(I pulled the engine apart and checked the trans and center diff). Has aftermarket wheels from the early 2000's. I have a you tube video walk around of the car. It's rough, but could be brought back if you're stubborn enough. I might need to move to Texas for work, and it would be really expensive to get it down there, so I thought I might part with the whole thing and all of the parts for a decent price

Pro's:
All ARP hardware in the bottom end (all of it including crank)
Wiseco pistons
Eagle rods (one spun a bearing)
head had a cold weld booger in it.
trans shifts good
transfer case looks great inside of it.
new aluminum radiator
new front and rear evo 8 calipers
rear evo seats
evo suspension (struts with lowering springs)
engine stand goes with sale

CONS:
driver door was pried open?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
seats and some plastic are brittle and messed up
down pipe has been damaged but is repairable
Turbo is toast

Here is the walk around: click

2k OBO (obo is the important part) for 949 and all the evo goodies that come with it plus the engine stand. (I also have some other stuff I can throw in if you want it once you are here) The engine parts are why it is priced like this. I could part this out and probably make 3 or 4 k if I was super patient and did a lot of work, but if I am moving I simply don't have time.

If I don't move I am going to keep it and do a crazy track car thing with it, but I will re register it after with one of the NV body shops.

I will know within three weeks whether or not I am going (the executive summary takes 3 weeks), but its most likely a go.

Last edited:
emergency price drop. I am moving and don't want to spend the money to store it right now. Ill take 1000 for everything if its within the next week.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts