The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 -All Original 90K miles SOLD

strokin4dr

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Belize Green
90,6XX miles

All systems and features on this car are working and intact including:
Power steering
4 wheel steering
AC (R12)
ABS
Cruise control
Power sunroof
Original floor mats

This is a true surviver car. It has been in this area it's entire life. Has been garaged since new, has rarely been driven in rain and has NEVER seen ice, snow or salt.
This completely rust-free example has its original paint down to the factory painted wheels that still look like they could have rolled off the dealer lot this year.

Spotless interior. No fading, rips, tears, etc. The leather is plush and soft like these cars were when new, including the rear seats which the have stitching intact. The dash is free from warping, and has no cracks. The original steering wheel is flawless without even a scratch.
The gauge cluster needles are still orange in color and the seatbelt buttons are still red. After owning my fair share of VR4s over the years this is the first car I've had the pleasure of owning, or even riding in for that matter that I can say has these subtle features still intact. For those of you that had the pleasure of driving one of these cars back in the early 90s, and remember taking in that new car smell, well this car is like stepping back in time and experiencing it all again 29 years later.

I drove this car 14 hrs each way to the 2017 Shootout from Savannah, GA without a hiccup. I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere.
Those who saw the car in person at the shootout can vouch for it.

Original paint is 9.5/10. It has never been touched up and does show a few small rock chips on the front filler panel under the headlights.
Interior is also 9.5/10. Has aftermarket radio and a JNZ shifter with all new bushings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Recent maintenance on the car includes new timing belt, water pump, seals, and new fluids in the trans, transfer case and rear diff.

I am in no hurry to sell. Serious buyers only.

Car is located in Savannah, GA with clean title in hand.

2017 Shootout:

View from behind the cladding at the lower front fenders:

Last edited:

ApexHunter

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
Dude that thing is gorgeous. This is exactly what I would want, color and everything, if I were able. I like the price, and think it is fair considering there are only a few like this. GLWS.

Bradley

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
What we all want, but can't afford...

Best of luck!
I have a feeling that you'll be getting just about exactly what you're asking for!

strokin4dr

Not looking for any trades. Need to downsize by two to three vehicles unfortunately. If others sell first I'll be keeping this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Staff member
Looks nice.

strokin4dr

yes

4orced4door

This is awesome! Car looks great, I hope it goes to a good home. I don't think these cars will ever have any true collector's value aside from within this community, but the unmodified examples like this will be the leaders. Note how this car is priced at almost what #3 is (which is also an amazing car in its own right.) I hope it stays unmodified, or at least nothing that can't be undone in an afternoon.

gvr4ever

I still think they could go up in value more. Import cars can be collectables now. They will never reach NSX, Type R status, but how many still exist that are complete and drive-able? 1000? Maybe...

I think it will just take the right event for them to actually be known and for them to be desired. Unlike other limited production cars, like MX-5 that had standard production cars with them that were so close, it didn't really matter much, the GVR4 is it's own car.

strokin4dr

Here are a few videos I made to give a better idea of the overall condition of the car.

GVR4 videos

G

Staff member
So clean. What head unit is that? Is it bluetooth?

strokin4dr

Sale pending

strokin4dr

sold!

ApexHunter

Congrats! Hope your patience paid off and you got a price you are happy with!

turbophein

What was the final selling price? We should keep this info available for future values. maybe even add it back to the title. thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings