The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1347/2000 clarksville TN asking $8500

armyVR4

91 Galant VR4 1347/2000 asking price $8500

I'm have up for sell is my 91 VR4. Don't have to sell but with all my deployments over the last 5 years and 2 deployments coming up in the next year. Dang Army!!!! it needs a good home. only good thing is I retire in 2.5 years.

I deploy at or about 2 weeks from now for 2 months... I return for 2-3 months then I deploy again for 4-6 months

Clear title

Car had when I bought it:
Eagle rods
Wieco pistons
BC 280 cam and valve springs.
Precision BB GT 35R
Precision 1200cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
4 bolt rear
Aem wide band
30psi boost gauge
3 inch exhaust
No rips in seats or interior

The following it's have less than 50 miles since added.
Full race manifold (Paid $1000)
Tial 50mm BOV (paid $300)
Tial 44mm wastegate (paid $370)
Afco race radiator.. with custom shroud made by Curtis($200)
Spal fan. ($120)
New head( intake and exhaust ported by Curtis)($300+)
Custom intake ported and welded by Curtis. Powder coated
Curtis coil on plug (new from Curtis.. cant remember the price)( he lives like 10 miles from me)
L19 head studs($275)
New head gasket
New water pump
Fuellab FPR (paid $165)
Throttle body rebuilt by throttle body.com (paid $150)
Custom dual catch cans (paid $120) modified by Curtis
Custom intercooler and powder coated pipes (welded by Curtis)
D2 coilovers (paid $950)
New battery and trunk mount
Drag 17X8 wheels and Hancock V12 tires (paid $950)
Hallman boost controller(paid $90)
ECM link v3 full with speed density(3bar map) (paid $600)
Lava turbo blanket
Sparco radiator hose(paid $120)
QuarterMaster 7.25 twin disc clutch with modified folk (paid $1200)
93 galant head lights (paid 300)
Most of the vac/boost lines have been replaced with tpfe line($$$$)
A/C delete
Vacuum block(paid $70)
AEM true timing gears( paid $260)
Fuel injector clinic fuel rail (paid $160)
Gates timing belt (paid $150)

Head ported by Curtis intake and exhaust. has all new Valves.
new water pump
2 layer head gasket
custom 3" intercooler pipes by Curtis
3" intercooler modified by Curtis

Sure I'm missing a few things

Comes with new in box whiteline rear sway bar($$$$). Ingall rear camber kit. ($$$$)

Extra item
Valve cover
Trans and transfer case
new timing tool never used
4 working TPS

Bad I deployed 3 times in 5 years and lots of training. The car moves under its own power but needs a tune. Can drive it around the block but dies when my feet comes off the gas.. Also the rear brakes need to be bleed or caliper replaced. Once I hit the brakes they try to slightly stay engaged.. ( from sitting for a year and only getting stated once ever 2 months by my wife)
Your more than come to conduct a compression test and drive it around the block. ( with me in the car for sure)

Asking Price $8500

armyVR4

Sorry but I'm currently out of the country and can't text sorry I will return around 1 October

Jlebauer

Hey man if your back shoot me a txt... Fully built Evo took a sh*t down in Mexico last night. Hoping its just the turbo if not, then this may be the new ride please text ASAP. Should know about Evo later today

Jon

Staff member
It looks like it has been in a front end collision. The hood has been sprayed and the paint is chipping off around the edges. It is missing the stickers on the hood too so it isn't the original. The fenders have painted bolts on the driver's side which appear to have been removed at one point, and on the passenger side, the bolts are black.

armyVR4

When you take the bumper off there is no sign of damage. If painted bolts stops someone from buying this car then they didn't want It in the first place. Its not perfect. But it looks like a part out.

curtis

Ok time for my two cents......I've known this car and its condition for about the last ten years or so maybe longer than that. It came from Florida seems like some where around Destin....thats north Florida if your from the rest of the country. It doesn't snow there. The car as far as i know has never been wrecked, bolts on the fender came from a locals shops bolt bin because seems like one was missing and one was broke off I drilled it out ....As for the hood Think I remember the owner in Florida cut vents in it. The bumper has been repainted by the owner before Anthony I know this because its my old bumper, green wouldnt match to well. The one that was on it was a NA bumper. Guy in florida was trying to make a sleeper and had hacked the na bumper trying to make the old front mount fit.

Now since it came from Florida its went through a bunch of changes, some good some bad. But the last owner drove it hardly ever and after Anthony got the car its been through a lot of good changes. He's spent more on powdercoating the IC pipes than most would spend on the pipes, Wheels, suspension etc etc. were changed after he bought it and hasnt been used because..... Anthony stays gone, someone has to defend the country. Car isn't a 10 out of 10 but is damn clean and hasn't been driven or abused by the last two owners and before that I can't say but has been in a snow, ice and salt free environment all its life. If you look close Anthony bought AN stuff for the vacuum system, name one other VR4 that has steel braided AN stuff for the vacuum system.

Now your probably wondering why he's selling it. First he don't need the fricking money, deployment pay isn't food stamps. He has a daily driver, a big f***ing turbo'd LS powered 240, a crotch rocket and a crotch rocket show bike.....Then his wife has her car. It simply comes down to time. He stays gone and has enough projects with a new house , a wife and all his other toys. I have the same problem, time. Its now 5:30 am and I haven't been to bed yet. Had a project I had to get fabbed by today and finished welding about an hour ago. Now alot of people will talk sh*t about parting a car out, I know for a fact he will because he towed a turbo b series ek over here late on a Wednesday and AM Saturday was in a crusher only thing left was the paint on the shell and the windshield.

I was actually thinking he'll sit on it till he retires which is in a couple more years but he told me on the phone Thursday he just made the E7 list so he'll be in for about another 3 or 4 before he can retire Congrats on that by the way and sorry for publishing your business but people always thinks people sell toys cause there hard up for cash.

Now you want a clean car that needs a few day projects done this is it. All the major sh*t is done. It needs touch ups on paint, bolts painted etc etc .... First thing it needs is a tune and that shits easy. Its called a dyno appointment and a few hundred dollars. Last car I did the crazy valve stuff to went from 534hp to 627hp on 23psi. His isn't as crazy on the ports but car should easily pin your ass in the seat.

Now you want to bring it over here I'll give it a look just like I did for him. Never had the same car sold twice in my driveway. sh*t bring a gooseneck and a box o money and I'll load my bitch up as well and all the parts here, 5 transmissions, bladdered fuel cell, 2 engines, 3 rearends, sh*t I could type for hours.

Someone buy this car its to damn nice to get a part out.

curtis

Oh one other thing.... add up his list of parts and guess what he paid for the car. I know..... He's selling the car for less than what he paid in parts and your getting the car for free. I actually told him to put it on ebay for 14K starting bid just so he can get somewhat near breaking even.

armyVR4

Get a truck & trailer ill give you a deal

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts