The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

(CA) Feeler #1437/2000 68k miles update price $7800

BAMFTalon

Banana Slug.

Phoenix yellow (Honda color prev owner)

It's with sincere difficulty that I'm putting my beloved Banana Slug on the market. I have responsibilities as a father, an adult, and last to my family that I need to address that this car has stopped me from taking care of.

It's a clean title with 68k miles on chassis. .only rust is starting around aftermarket sunroof. cant see it yet, its just a little bump. Its been garage kept for as long as I know.

2g t25 turbo (all I had available)
3" turbo back exhaust
Aftermarket 2 1/2" FMIC unknown brand
450cc DSM injectors
SAFC tuning setup
CX Racing aluminum radiator

Replaced gates timing belt, water pump, tensioner pulley, clutch slave cylinder, clutch lines, knock sensor, a few more bits and pieces I'm forgetting that were oem replacements.

Comes with ETS FMIC and piping that came off another vr4 and an HX35 holset with forced performance manifold. Also available is a set of evo8 shocks/struts with tein lowering springs.

I have an aftermarket boost gauge and wideband setup with wiring. You will want to get a new O2 sensor.

It runs and drives but is throwing what I'm assuming to be phantom knock. Using an old palm pilot and MMCD data logging tech.

Clutch is good, throw out bearing chatters. Shifts pretty well but the trans could use some updating. (Bushings, etc)

Has an aftermarket sunroof that does not operate(or leak) and I've removed the sagging headliner with the intention of replacing it. The interior pillar trim is sitting in my garage, a couple pieces should be replaced. A-pillar has BAR boost gauge. Passenger dash and seat has evidence of previous owners irritation. (They stabbed them with a Philips head) but isn't too noticeable.

Aftermarket deck and speakers. Other than that everything works an is in good condition.

I'm trying to be up front as possible. Again. Please email with questions. Your patience is appreciated.

img.php

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

I love yellow cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jesus_Negros

I cant afford the yellow cars I like, yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Afro-Indian bros!

GSTwithPSI

OP, for reference, this VR-4 recently went for 10k: click

If you're motivated to sell you may want to lower the price. Vman recently had his car up @ $6,500 and I don't think anyone bit...And his car was priced low, IMO. It's a hard life selling a VR-4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I thought a blue VR-4 was crazy, but that yellow is unique for sure. Good luck with the sale, dude.

BAMFTalon

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it. VMANs car actually started at 10k and he went only as low as 7k from what I could tell with sincere interest. It also was a lot further from stock with double the miles.

Sincerely appreciate the input though.

Last edited:

turdb0

I think I've seen this car in the peninsula? Didn't original owner live in SouthSF or something?

BAMFTalon

I'm not sure where the car was previously. I know I got it from a guy in Modesto I believe.

Vman911

Yea I had mine up for 6500 with broke trans. Fixed it asked 7k for it. A guy came out and offered 6500 I sent him away empty handed.
Clean car. Love the color. Good luck with sale

Last edited:

BAMFTalon

Update. Just replaced ZEN BOV with stock Uncrushed 1g and recirculated it back to intake. Car needs a tune. It's running rich and is throwing max 43 cts of knock. If the car is still for sale I will continue to make changes that will make it better.

Am also considering just pulling the ecmlink trigger soon. If that happens I will most likely keep the stupid thing and sell my mirage.

TSimage

Quoting BAMFTalon:
Thank you, I appreciate it.

He was referring to Vmans car.

GLWS though, sucks to see you have to get rid of it but at least this way you'll get to hold onto it for a while. I remember what it was sold for originally and even at that price he sat on it for a while. Wish ya the ebst /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BAMFTalon

My reply was for vman. And what do you think it sold for previously? And where was it then compared to what it is now? Just want to compare notes here.

BAMFTalon

Update. Replaced first exhaust gasket. That paired with recirculated BOV the car runs way better. Next will be rewiring the battery relocation with 1 gauge cable. Seems to be a drain and the current 4 gauge doesn't help.

And to correct myself, I have the rear trim piece painted and ready to install, but the front passenger piece is awol. Anyone have one laying around perchance? lol. I will have them both ASAP.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts