The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 2.3 Stroker 1991 Galant ONE TIME PRICE DROP $2500, SO CAL

JondoeVR4

***COPIED FROM MY CRAIGSLIST AD, not trying to sound like a jerk***

I am gauging interest, but for the right price, I will happily load every JDM turbo Galant part I have onto your truck. It's not a project car, more like restoration capable.

Good afternoon, after long deliberation I have decided to sell my beloved Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. I would like to sell her to another car enthusiast who will finish it, but hey... If you're reading this, you already know about this gem. In case you don't, let me inform you a bit.

This is classic limited edition 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, number 852/2000. There were only 3000 imported into the USA, 2000 in 1991 and 1000 in 1991. After 25 years, who knows how many have been wrecked, rusted, junked or just plain driven into the ground, but the few that are left are a Classic example of 90's JDM engineering. I can assure you that when you buy this car, you will be receiving a piece of turbocharged history.

This car is the predecessor to the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 & 9 that continue to dominate the street scene, so it can properly be called a detuned Evolution Zero, with actual JDM Evolution Zero's only available overseas. It is called a VR-4, sharing the top line badge as the 3000GT VR-4, and came from the factory with a nice sized turbocharger powering all 4 wheels. This is a FACTORY turbocharged car, as in if you've ever gotten popped, the coppers can say squat because yea...that little book they look in to translate the digits in your VIN number will tell them, yes...It's Turbo, Bitch.

This car is a sleeper, as that was my goal when I bought it $6000 ago. If you're still reading this, yes I paid $6000 for an ugly 22 year old car. But wait, there's more....beneath the homely exterior lies the She-Hulk, awaiting one tap on the throttle to send her into a flying rage, unleashing a fully built 2.3l FP68HTA stroker chasing street bikes down the freeway at 22 psi. She has yet to catch one but, you get the picture.

OK seriously, I don't really want to sell her but I have to. I just finished my Bachelor's Degree at Cal State University San Bernardino and have loans to pay until I go back. I bought it from a cool dude who took awesome care of it since he had it. But from what I can tell, I am her 3rd owner here in CA and it originally came from the East coast.

I am asking $3000 for her. Here she is in her prime time: CLICK HERE The last three pics are the same day I bought it. I've only put about 3000 mile on her and put her into non-op storage while I hoarded parts. Been stored outside for 6 months now.

Pros:
-Just became a Japanese Classic (oh yea, Car Shows)
-Good overall condition
- 50% off what I paid
- Clean Pink Slip in MY name
-Built 2.3l stroker motor (factory is 2.0)
-Firmest Shifting Mitsubushi Transmission I've ever owned..and I've owned 11.

Cons:
-Remember that street bike the She-Hulk was chasing? It kicked up a rock and chipped her windshield. It wasn't bad at first, but it has since spread 3/4 across. It was fun tho.

- She had the best head, haha so I'm keeping it for a future project. However you will receive the fully built 2.3 stroker shortblock installed, as well as the transmission and rear differential.

-No power steering or AC. I had the components but they got lost in the move.

-Rear seat and interior plastics taken out to measure for rollcage, I lost the seat belts and a plastic trim or two unfortunately.

- Rust. The two rocker panels are rotted out. I was not aware of this at the time of purchase nor did I know specifically where to check. I'm being up front with you, and this is the sole reason for selling. If your handy with a welder or body work, more power to you. I don't have any experience in this area .

***This is what ONLY will be included***
-1991 Galant VR-4 shell
-2.3 shortblock, transmission and stock rear differential installed
-Pink slip
-3" exhaust

I have a nice stash of aftermarket parts and wheels for it too if you're on baller status and would like to rid me of my last turbo car ever.

SPARE PARTS
BEP Cast Stainless Manifold w/38mm we
LIPP Cast Stainless 2g style O2 housing
Cyclone Intake Manifold
Koni Yellow struts w/ H&R Springs
Stainless Brake lines
Megan Racing Strut bars
Konig C-Sharp 16" wheels (bought from Nate Crisman)
89 Galant LS wingless trunk and tails
4 Bolt Rear end w/axles and cups
Spare set of 89 Tails
Spare taillights
USDM Foglights
Amber Corners
NIB NLA SUPER VR4 BADGE
93 Galant LS Front grill

I'm sure I'm leaving out tons of details, text me for more information.

95l 228 6l72

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Oh you're in San Bernardino.

JondoeVR4

Did you have a... question? Otherwise, thanks for the insightful comment and I would be glad to compliment it with an address, given actual interest.

Jesus_Negros

Gee golly, I just didn't know you were so close to me. GLWS.

JondoeVR4

OoOoh ok, kinda thought you were implying something because of my location, ha... talk about jumping to conclusions..

But I wasn't aware either tho... and it's not that I WANT to sell it. Just have no where to store it, guy wants it gone from his spot. Any suggestions..? Thanks..

Jesus_Negros

I would let you use my garage, but it's a bit full and so is my driveway lol.

Olson

I say we go rob this MF'er Negro.

JondoeVR4

^This guy. Lol I didn't understand Web humor the first time we "spoke" but yes please rob me! As long as you take the car and leave $3000 I do enjoy a good scuffle! Everyone wins! Heh heh...

Olson

GL with the sale dude
:p

JondoeVR4

Thanks man. .and thanks Turbro, if I don't get what I want, it may go back into storage until I learn to fix those rockers.

Living in California has me rust-ignorant.

JondoeVR4

Ha..yea thanks... Maybe Im asking too much? Idk...

I would hate to have to part it out. Just needs to go.

JondoeVR4

I have the head. I have everything for this car and more, trust me. Rust is a turn off in my book.

But I paid 6k for her. Im keeping the intercooler and head. Half price, half car. This is a solid build.

Ive had plenty people ask if I would sell just the motor. Answer is NO. I bought the car solely for the motor. Everything else was stock.

Id rather strip it and junk it than get lowballed. A VR4 dash would fit nice in my Mighty Max.

Anywho, Ill put some numbers in my post later to see if Im overpricing.

Last edited:

JondoeVR4

-Parts and Prices-

BEP Cast Stainless Manifold w/38mm WG-175- pending

LIPP Cast Stainless 2g style O2 housing-75-pending

Cyclone Intake Manifold-125

Koni Yellow adjustable struts w/ H&R Springs-500

Stainless Brake lines-75

Megan Racing Strut bars-150

Konig C-Sharp 16" wheels (bought from Nate Crisman)-500

89 Galant LS wingless trunk and tails-200

4 Bolt Rear end w/axles and cups-450

Spare set of 89 Tails-100

Spare taillights-75

USDM Foglights-100

Amber Corners-100

NIB NLA SUPER VR4 BADGE-75

93 Galant LS Front grill-75

=$2775 I believe

Galant VR4 rolling shell with trans- 1500

Fully built 2.3 shortblock, ACT 2600 and Streetlite Flywheel- 1500

Grand Total- $5775...am I going to get this amount? No way.

Add a built head (Manley Springs, FP2 cams, Fidanza gears, Forrester Intake Manifold)- 650?

Im losing in this particular game no matter which way.

Last edited:

JondoeVR4

Havent sold anything related to the car (except the SS BEP manifold and SS LIPP 02 housing).

Id really rather keep her together, some cheap bastard needs to cough up 3k and have his own partout, dammit. The proof is in the numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts