I am selling my Belize Green 1991 Galant VR4. I would like $2600. I bought the car in 2008 and did a fair amount of work throughout the years to get it running reliably. I bought the car in mostly stock condition. The intake air filter, and battery were relocated by the previous owner. All the work I did was to get the car running reliably so I could enjoy it as a daily driver. Which I did for many years until the transmission started going. Some of the syncros seem to be in bad condition and there is noise coming from the transmission when the clutch is engaged. When this started, I parked the car and was hoping to get around to fixing the transmission but I ran out of time and now I won't have a garage to work on it anymore. So unfortunately I'm going to have to sell it.
Also, I got in a minor accident some time ago that caused some front end damage. I slid on some black ice and hit a work van at low speed. Unfortunately, the van's bumper was just a bit higher than mine so it damaged the headlights, hood, and the radiator. I repaired most of it but the fenders and bumper still show some damage. I drove the car for 3 or 4 years after the accident.
FS: Galant Vr4 Photos
Mileage: 234089 miles
- Needs Transmission Rebuild
- Needs Suspension Work. One of the Rear Springs appears to be sagging.
- Has Some front end damage from an accident.
- Bumper Cover is cracked and warped.
- Stock Radio is Removed but I have it and is included.
- Sunroof works but I had to reroute the power to bypass the control module.
- Will Need Timing Belt Soon
- Will Need Carrier Bearings Soon(Current bearings are starting to have play)
- Windshield was replaced recently
- Throttle Body - Shafts Seals Replaced
- Throttle Body - Idle Air Control Valve Replaced
- Throttle Body - Fast Idle Air Valve Blockoff Plate Installed
- ECU - Capacitors Replaced
- ECU - Added ZIF Socket for EPROM
- ECU - Has Stock EPROM installed
- Brakes - Rear and Front Calipers Replaced
- Brakes - Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Installed
- Brakes - Master Cylinder Replaced
- Brakes - Both Rear Parking Brake Cables Replaced
- Fuel - Stock Fuel Injectors and Seals Replaced
- Fuel - Stock Fuel Pressure Regulator Replaced
- Fuel - Stock Fuel Filter Replaced
- Fuel - Fuel Hose from Filter to Fuel Rail Replaced (Has AN fittings)
- Fuel - Stock Fuel Pump Replaced
- Engine - Rings seem to be in good shape. Have not noticed any oil burn and compression seems good.
- Engine - Head Rebuilt
- Engine - Exhaust Manifold Bolts Replaced
- Engine - Front Engine Mount Replaced
- Engine - Valve Lash Adjusters replaced with larger diameter oil port
- Engine - Oil Pan and Pan Gasket Replaced
- Engine - Cam Angle Sensor Replaced
- Intake - OEM 1G DSM Blow Off Valve and Gasket Installed
- Exhaust - Catalytic Converter Replaced. Passes Emissions Test.
- Exhaust - EVO III O2 Housing Installed
- Exhaust - SS Exhaust Manifold Studs
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replaced
- Driveline - Right Front CV Axle Replaced
- Cooling - Replaced Most Coolant Hoses
- Power Steering - Replaced all seals