The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 BG 591/2k NYC $3000 FIRM *NOT RUNNING*

VR_IV_MR

OK so its been quite a while since I gave this car any attention whatsoever. I've been traveling a lot for work the past few years and the car has been sitting under a cover in my driveway. I always said I would get around to fixing it but I never manage to make time to do so. She needs serious TLC. The paint has seen better days. I have to search for all my paperwork and receipts for the car since I have moved houses a couple of times. The tires are shot from sitting. The engine needs work. I think there is bearing material in the oil so the oil system needs cleaning. I am not sure of the condition of the block, pistons, rods, etc. The car was on the brink of being awesome, and then a local shop put it on the dyno and blew the engine. Ofc nobody wanted to take responsibility despite it being a brand new engine rebuild. Lucky me. The same shop charged me for installing the 1990 NT throttle body when they installed the ETS FMIC kit even though they never did. So included is both TB's: the stock and the '90 NT. It has a wrinkle black powder coated valve cover. The ABS system was removed, as well as the AWS. The local shop also installed an oil catch can which was never used because they blew the engine. The car needs to be towed and its at the back of a slightly narrow driveway so it might be a challenge, lol. ALthough, I was able to back it in on one of those Uhaul car platforms with my truck so it shouldn't be a problem. I am just afraid the brakes might be locked up from sitting. I am willing to use my pickup truck to deliver it locally if you pay for the uhaul car platform and come pay for the car first. I am not willing to part it out, and the price is firm.

Here are some pics on my members page. I'll get some more when I travel back home in a couple weeks. click

The good:

Rebuilt transmission from turbotrix with brand new ACT 2600 w/ street disk, 4 spyder, evo 5th.
4 bolt rear end
Tein HA coilovers
TWO FMIC kits. One installed, one not. the one installed is the ETS and the other one is for a short route piping setup.
Two sets of rims (stock, and the ones in the pic) (all the tires are probably no good)
EVO 9 MAF, Injectors, Fuel pump
3" Turboback exhaust
Completely rebuild suspension with whiteline suspension parts (front + rear swaybars, bushings, etc)
Jay racing active toe Elim
Maximal Performance control arms
-ported E3 16g turbo on a ported 2g manifold and ported o2 housing

I think i put in a new steering rack also, cant remember. Gotta find my paperwork

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts