The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

**SOLD** White 92 Galant VR-4, Bakersfield Ca. area, $6,000, 162,XXX miles

Whitecar199

Looking to sell my 1992 VR-4. 162,XXX miles. It was purchased at the Mitsubishi in Bakersfield by my parents brand new in 92 and then transferred to me around 7 years ago. I have driven this car it's whole life, all oil changes have been done at 4k and the car has never been abused or raced/tracked. My Mother practically babied it. There is no rust anyplace that I know of. I use this vehicle for my to and from work car so it is driven regularly.

I am asking $6,000. The only reason that I want to sell it is because I have to many cars (4) and I want more space at my place. If I can't sell it for what I am asking I'll just keep it or give it to one of my many friends kids that are coming of driving age.

What's not stock:
Stereo 2 amps
Rims
Radio antenna (pos replacement)
Struts (BC)
K&N air filter

Problems that I know about:
The car has a heat creep in the 100+ degree temps climbing the grapevine grade when running the AC.
The shop that I took it to, to replace the radiator sold me on the idea that it was a head gasket (Which it was not). While changing it They found a cracked exhaust manifold and fixed that. Of course the problem was not fixed, I bought a new radiator just have not bothered to put it in because the weather as been cool enough where it has not been a issue.

The air vents are stuck in the defrost position.
So while the AC works fine it only blows on the windshield. Just haven't bothered to fix it yet.

Driver seat has some ware on the leather (see picture)

One fog and parking light is out (have them just haven't replaced them yet)

Other stuff:
Off the top of my head the clutch was replaced about 30k ago along with the timing belt. New exhaust manifold, resurfaced head/gasket about 5k back.

I replaced the antenna when the antenna-clutch went out last year with a crappy permanent "up" one.

Stock tape deck was replaced with a CD and two amps all speakers were replaced with aftermarket quality ones, I don't have the sub anymore.

Except for the above mentioned items everything is in good shape mechanically.

This is not a show car, there are some things you would expect cosmetically for a vehicle that is 23 years old.

Clean title in my name, smog is good, tags are current.

If anyone is interested let me know, "I" will not ship, I have no problem showing the vehicle local and allowing a test drive with cash in hand.

Everyone seems to like pictures so I just snapped away. If I think of anything else I'll update

*******************************VEHICLE SOLD**************************************

Last edited:

ktmrider

Oh my, very nice! G get out there and take a peek for us LOL.

GL with the sale bump.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Car looks well preserved. You may regret selling it in a few years.

Wish I could buy it. Good luck.

G

Staff member
Was the front bumper re painted? Sucks it's over heating. Have you checked the thermostat and fan operation?

Whitecar199

Negative on the front bumper, it's all stock paint. The overheating issue is only in 100 degree plus weather, pulling a hill while running the AC, I drive it with no issues. My first car had the same issue after 20 years, just a tired 23 year old radiator that I need to make myself swap (been distracted by my other vehicles). The fan works fine and I already replaced the thermostat (first thing I tried). I may just do the swap my next days off.

I regret even trying to sell in now, car has been around since I was 16. Like a link to my childhood.

I did remember that there is a minor bend in the passenger side front bumper where something hit it, it is noticeable when you look close, I will see if I can get a picture, not sure if it will show up.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Whitecar199:
I regret even trying to sell in now, car has been around since I was 16. Like a link to my childhood.

I guarantee you will. Once it's gone, it will be pretty hard to get another chassis in this condition. This would make a perfect base to start a clean build on.

I can completely understand having too many cars, though, and needing to downsize. GLWS!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts