The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

F/S #282/1000 San Antonio, TX 3500obo

ducttapeguy

Well Hell. I never thought I'd be making this post, but here it is. I'm thinking about selling my G. I've basically been a ghost for a couple of years for multiple reasons. Got out of the Army last year and have moved the Galant 3 times since then. Just can't afford the time to get her back on the road and enjoy her. So here's what I might be selling...

1992 Galant VR4 282/1000

Approximately 142xxx miles, been so long I've forgotten the exact mileage. Will update Friday when I'm at the car next.

Belize green paint is 7/10 due to sitting in the sun for about a year. Minimal clear coat peeling and a few small scratches, but overall pretty damn good for a 23 year old car.

Interior is 8/10 only because it's currently missing some trim parts. Not lost, but I'm unable to get them for almost a year (long story)

No motor. Made the trip from upstate NY to TX and immediately pulled it out and sold it worth plans to put a built motor in. I do have everything for a built motor except for the block and head. Forged 9.5:1 venolia pistons, forged rods (male h beam IIRC) HKS 272 cams, ACL bearings, ARP bolts, oem crank unturned, 1mm oversized valves, upgraded springs (forgot what springs exactly) cyclone intake manifold, all gaskets, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of stuff.

2 transmissions. One cleaned up a bit and painted. Also rebuilt, but not by a known shop. It was a guy I know that builds high performance gm autos. So take that for what it is. Other Trans is stock with unknown miles. One case had small cracks that were tig welded by a professional welder.

The car itself is pretty straight. A few smalls dents and dings, but nothing major. 5 lug swap, AWS delete, 4 bolt rear,T/E/L steering wheel. Have a manual steering rack for it. I was part way through an abs delete so currently no brake lines in it. Has rusty 3"turbo back exhaust.

Now the part no one wants to hear. This was a north east car. So it has rust. The worst of it is behind the front body moulding and bottom of the fenders. Not gonna lie, it's ugly. But in think it can be fixed fairly easily with patch panels. The lower control arms are rusted through, but I have good replacements.

Now for the good stuff. The car has Evo 8 suspension with espiler springs. Will come with the COMPLETE OG HKS turbo kit. Manifold, 50mm racegate, downpipe, etc. All media blasted and ready for paint or powdercoat. The turbo is rebuilt with 0 miles by FP with an upgraded wheel and 360 degree thrust bearing.
I have a copper radiator and an aluminum civic half rad with fan, external oil cooler, 1650cc e85 injectors, link v3 with laptop, complete (to the best of my knowledge) poly bushing set BNIB from energy suspension, cool guy lighted numbered sh*t knob from the group buy years ago. Curtis radio bezel with pocket, not gauge holes, cf speaker dual gauge pod, front and rear cusco strut tower braces and loads of other parts that I can't remember right now.

Basically the car is exactly what it sounds like. A project that got put on hold. I have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars collecting quality parts for this car. I don't expect to get that back at all. Just trying to cut my losses and move on. I'm too broke with too many other obligations to be able to finish this car. Maybe someone else can. I will not part the car out. If I decide that there is enough interest to sell then I will probably sell it. If not, I will hang on to it and hope that I can come up with the time and money to finish it. I also want to get rid of alp my pays at once so it all goes or it doesn't go at all

I don't even know where to begin on price. I just a roller might bring 1500 on a good day with the right buyer, but this is way more than a roller. The turbo kit alone is worth at least 1500, and everything else on top of that is at least another couple grand. What sounds fair to yall? There is a fair amount of work that still needs to be done, but almost all the parts are there to do it and we all know that finding parts can be just as hard as doing the work.

Anyway, I would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on this. Lots of pics will be posted in the next few days. Until then here is one of 282 all cleaned up before my long road trip to Texas

Last edited:

ducttapeguy

Bump for pics of the Galant as it currently sits. If there is any interest I will give her a wash and take more pics and also get pics of all the Galant related parts in storage that will go with the car.

Let me know if the link doesnt work.

Tyler click

badams

What a rust bucket.... this picture is definitely misleading....

ducttapeguy

If you wanna be a giant dick then yeah I suppose it could be construed as misleading. Except it isn't at all. At what point did I say that my car is the epitome of perfection and does nothing but win amazing awards and prizes for being the most rust free car ever?? Oh wait, I said it has rust and it's a project. Totally misleading. That's actually how the car looks when it's together and cleaned up. In fact that pic was taken less than 6 months before I started tearing it down for a rebuild. Yes it has rust, and yes it's bad in a couple of spots. But it is by no means a rust bucket. The worst spots are relatively straightforward repair. Not quick or super easy, but not horrible either.

Why would you even reply to this now? Really, I want to know. I can kinda understand the thought processes behind your post if it had been posted before I added the link with lots of current pics that clearly show all the trouble areas as well as the lack of rust in quite a few of the usual problem areas. But instead you decide to piss me off, make an ass of yourself, and boost your obviously miniscule self esteem by making stupid comments and cluttering up my post.

From now on do me a favor and just shut the f*** up, unless you somehow manage to pull your goddamn head out of your ass and make a worthwhile comment. That includes criticism. If you have negative feedback, make it constructive criticism. Not fucktard comment of the day.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is this. GO f*** YOURSELF. If I want anymore lip from you I'll jingle my zipper. Go play in traffic, asshole

Last edited:

Polish

Well that escalated quickly.

gl wit the sale fo shizzle... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Jesus_Negros

Tyler, he's a noob ignore him. I hope everything is well with you brother! GLWS

ducttapeguy

Thanks man. I have no patience for asshats anymore. I don't want to sell the car but getting it put back together isn't really a viable option right now.

Maybe someone will want the car, maybe b no one will. Thats why this is a feeler post. Im looking for interest, conatructive criticism, and help establishing value. If I get those things I will make a legit for sale post. . If not, I will just leave it as it suts until time/money becomes available

ducttapeguy

Bump. Any interest or help establishing value? Also I apologize for the terrible typos. Fat thumbs and touch screen phones dont mix

Tyler

ducttapeguy

Bump for the new year. Also switching from a feeler to a fs. I guess I'm gonna ask for 3500obo. Feel free to request specific pics or info and I will do my best to get you what you want. Probably fastest way to get a hold of me is via text. My number is 3157771616. The car will NOT be parted out so don't call or text me requesting parts. I probably won't respond with much tact. It's everything or nothing. Thanks everyone

Tyler

ducttapeguy

Bumping it up. Someone must be interested. I need to clear out space and get some cash. I'm sucking right now and could really use the money for bills. Make me an offer.

strokin4dr

Need pics of said rust issues. More pics in general would be nice.

GSTwithPSI

Ryan, there are some in the link in the second post.

OP, you're going to have a hard time moving this as a package deal, IMO. I know you're adamant about not parting out, but honestly that's probably your best bet a recouping more of your money.

GLWS.

NateCrisman

wow long drive NJ to TX and back. ugh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

blacksheep

Quoting NateCrisman:

attachment.php

NateCrisman

Nah....from those pics, the rust looks not really that bad, certainly not as bad as the GVR4 Im currently putting back together. Maybe Id fix & flip the grey one I have now, then pick this one up to fix/restore/keep. but man...shipping TX to New Jersey like $1000+

desant78

I've drove this car a few years ago during its journey from NY to texas. The car is accurately described. When it was put together, car looked great compared to the vr4's I've seen running.

Also Tyler himself is a stand up guy, honest, and a Veteran who has done a lot for this country. I don't post on here as much as I used to, but I hope you believe me that anyone should buy with confidence that Tyler is being truthful.

NateCrisman

Any pis of the interior.....specifically the stuff that's "usually busted" on these cars:

dash vents, A pillar and headliner trim plastics, drivers seat.

Like to see a couple pics of the general underside of the car too around the subframes and sides of the fuel tanks (typical rot spots)

Im seriously considering the value of shipping this one to New Jersey to be put back together, cause Id rather "build to keep" a green one than a grey one. (I miss #139)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts