The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 1803/2000 MA $4000

4g63mightymax

Hi everybody,
It turns out that I like building cars more than actually owning/driving them, and I'm ready to move on with this one after 200,000,000 hours of work. lol

Before going any further, look at this picture-heavy build thread link

Note: This car has had 100 miles on it in the last 14+ years, so it is not ready for a cross country trip, or even one tenth of that. I am sure that there will be bugs that need to be worked out as the car gains more miles. It is a great car, but very much unproven at the moment as it was just assembled. (See build)

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

galantvr41803_5.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

Hi,
This has been seriously updated, and will continue to be. Please continue reading, and purchase soon. I want it gone before snow falls.

The Good:
- It's Galant #1803 of 2000
- Clean MA title in my name.
- Currently registered
- Nice white paint, and a very straight body because it was painted several years ago.
- No sunroof - more rare. One of 93 made in summit white, w/o sunroof, with fancy stereo.
- The engine bay was just painted to match the car, and all previous engine bay hackery was returned to stock form.
- The subframe is mint and basically looks new.
- I used as many new zinc coated bolts as I could come up with during assembly. Engine bay looks great
- The interior is in great shape. No tears in the seats.
- It has zero rust in the rockers, quarters or fenders. Just nice paint.
- Good windshield!
- Rebuilt head, new valve seals, head gasket, intake & exhaust gaskets.
- ARP head studs
- All motor mounts, pulleys, coolant pipe, thermostat housing, and misc other stuff have been sandblasted and coated in por-15.
- Freshly machined flywheel
- BSEK
- 3 Inch exhaust
- AN -6 converted fuel sending unit
- New injector seal kit installed
- New spark plugs
- New air filter
- New clutch master cylinder
- New brake master cylinder
- New clutch
- New timing belt
- New timing belt pullies
- New timing belt hydraulic tensioner
- New fuel filler hose
- New steel fuel line from gas tank to fuel filter
- New radiator
- New radiator hoses (upper and lower)
- New heater hoses
- New stainless oil feed line
- All rotors cut / refinished
- New front brake pads
- New rear brake pads
- New non cruise throttle cable
- New lug nuts (and several new studs)
- New Throttle body shaft seals
- Fancy 93 headlights
- Evo 8 struts and springs (eibach)
- No A/C

The Bad:
- Manual Steering
- Radio doesn't work
- Needs to be washed
- Drivers A-pillar trim is damaged
- This car has had 100 miles on it in the last 14+ years, so it is not ready for a cross country trip, or even one tenth of that. I am sure that there will be bugs that need to be worked out as the car gains more miles. It is a great car, but very much unproven at the moment as it was just assembled. (See build)

May include all spare parts for right price (almost enough parts to build another car: Bumpers/doors/glass/interior/wheels/brakes/sunroof/trunk lid/spoilers/etc.)

Cash or trade me something interesting that is not Dsm related. Partial trades are okay too. I'm open to all ideas. Cars, tools, motorcycles, etc.

This has been a 2+ year project - Check the build thread for more details:
click

Last edited:

Wbfiv

Hey where in mass are you located im very interested and would love to check this thing out

G

Staff member
Another vr4 wins the fight. It seems like every month someone else gives up.

4g63mightymax

Yeah, not giving up. Just raising the price, doing more work, and driving it until somebody buys it.

4g63mightymax

Definitely and interesting offer that I appreciate, though I did just sell my 05 Subaru a couple months ago, so I'm not sure I need another right now (I'll think about it though). There is another gentleman that I believe? wants to come look at this car next weekend. I'd definitely prefer cash over a trade right now so that I can buy a lift for my garage. Let's see if that deal works out and take it from there.

Also - I added 3 more pics from this weekend.
- The marks on the rocker panel plastic is just tape residue that I need to clean off.
- I still need to wet sand and buff the drivers side quarter panel
- The bumper still needs to be painted - I have the paint.
- The rear dog legs need to be installed.
- The struts are the worst I have ever had, though I have a full set of low mileage evo 8 struts/shocks ready for it.

Let's see how far I get this week!

Last edited:

4g63mightymax

Updated this listing with the freshly installed evo 8 suspension + eibach springs, and new pictures.

4g63mightymax

Updated with new pictures. Painted the bumper last week.

PDXrhett

I'm very interested. I'll shoot you a PM. I know I just registered today but I look forward to chatting with you.

4g63mightymax

I'd love to sell this tomorrow so I can do some fall cleaning in my garage on Sunday. If anybody local is interested and wants to see it, bring cash and a trailer.

I'm throwing it back on Craigslist this weekend now that I sorted out a few more things. I'd rather it go to a real DSM'er here than a random person on Craigslist.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

I hear ya on selling it to someone that knows what their getting them self's into!! this aint a Honda, no f*cks given here lol.. Hope this thing goes to a good home.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting 4g63mightymax:
I'd rather it go to a real DSM'er here than a random person on Craigslist.

Wait, it thought the DSM'ers are the ones you want to avoid? Hopefully, this goes to a real enthusiast, and NOT a DSM'er /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

This car has come a long way. It's a shame you can't/don't keep it. GLWS!

4g63mightymax

You guys are awesome! Right now, I have 6 cars and a motorcycle, for just me and my wife. My wife is awesome and very understanding, but 7 vehicles is just excessive! lol. I do honestly think this is a sweet car, and this is exactly how I would want a VR4 to be. I'm sure that the next person to own it will love it once they sort out any little GVR4 bugs that it may have (After all, it has only been driven 100 miles in 14 years!) Heck, one of you guys could probably buy this, throw it on eBay on your drive home, and flip it for some quick cash by the end of the week! Do it! Help me clean up my garage! Which one of you will take this thing to the next level?

-Jeremy

4g63mightymax

Price drop because I want it gone before it snows and it has some small bugs to work out.

4g63mightymax

$1000 price drop because I want it gone ASAP.

4g63mightymax

It's gonna be sad when I have to part this car out, and scrap the shell.

Lowball offensive offers welcome.

MellowVR4

I've seen crappier gallants sell for more! DONT PART IT OUT!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts