The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Eagle Talon AWD 2.3 5spd in NM 3400$

snailspool

For sale is my modified Eagle Talon. It comes with the DSM trifecta of 6bolt/5spd/4bolt It has been modified in such a way that the next owner can either:
A. Have a reliable, torquey daily driver, or
B. Put on the turbo, injectors, and fuel control of their choice and make some serious power.

Mod list is as follows:
2.3L "stroker" motor with Arias forged pistons, on 1g rods, has about 1500 miles on it. Normally Talons are 2.0L but this motor has a 2.4L Crank in it, making it displace 2.3L. Motor is worth about 2500 new.

1990 External Oil cooler and housing, allows air/liquid cooling removing stress on radiator to cool oil as well as coolant

MHI 16g (upgraded flow, while maintaining OEM reliability)

2g O2 housing (high flow)

2G exhaust manifold (high flow)

Genuine Apexi 3"catback (high flow)

High Flow 3"cat (high flow)

Unknown 3" downpipe w/ wideband bung (high flow)

XS power FMIC

510 cc injectors with a non turbo regulator, allowing the injectors to flow effectively 546 cc's

2G MAS (high flow)

MBC or manual boost controller, for tuning

Innovate LC-1 Wideband for tuning

SAFC for fine tuning fuel trims

ACT 2600 clutch setup to handle the torque

255LPH walbro that has been wired directly to the battery, via relay, better voltage at fuel pump means better flow.

Mechanical boost gauge.

Battery moved to rear with Switch, box and metal tiedown. (Provides better weight distribution)

Apexi turbo timer (allows vehicle to stay running after key is removed to allow oil to cool/promotes turbo life)

17" wheels/rims

New 215/45/17 Kumho Ecsta tires with replacement certificates, and lifetime balancing/rotations.

Redline drivetrain fluids, shifts wonderfully

Momo racing steering wheel

Came with 4 bolt rear end and LSD (very strong)

Car has trapped 101 @ a 8000' DA on the 14b (great for a stock turbo, stock weight)

The not so good:
Makes a creaking noise from rear, rarely, when first moving while in reverse
Occasional slight misfire at idle
cracking dash
paint
Has an oil leak from pan gasket

I have been in the DSM game for over 10 years, so rest assured, i know a lot about these cars and their idiosyncrasies. I simply have too many.
Please call or text 505 for63 26seven4

More pics at: click

snailspool

TTT and any thoughts or opinions on this?

GSTwithPSI

^Well, I'd say the body and interior looks really rough from the pictures. The suspension looks stock as well, which doesn't make the shell anymore attractive to a buyer. Personally, some of the first things I would do is ditch the SAFC and replace with ECMlink, pick up a AFPR, invest in some suspension mods, and get a good tune on the car. I'd assume others are considering some of these things (and costs of them) as well. Since everyone builds and mods cars differently, I think the one common thing buyers look for is a clean shell/car. I think at the price, it is going to be a hard sell.

There are definitely a lot of good parts on the car though. Have you considered a part-out? I think the parts on their own would move pretty fast, and you could get your asking price that way if it is feasible for you. If that was my car, one of my VR4s would have a stroker in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Also, try and list it on DSMtuners, and see if you get some interest there. GLWS.

Last edited:

snailspool

Thanks for the reply!

You have some good points, but as the part out, I wont do that out of principle. I really love these cars, to the point of emotional attachment, and they are becoming harder to find. I have so many DSM's because i find ones that are destined for the JY, pick them up cheap, and do whatever it takes to run again. Recently though, its become more of a charity, as the price folks are willing to pay has dropped precipitously.

And yes, There is already a stroker in my Galant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

snailspool

Oh, and price drop of 2800$ Only to active .org members.

snailspool

sold!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ktmrider

^^ Whoo Hoo, bout time!

Any more offers of $500 and a pair of Chuck Taylors?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snailspool

Nope, got asking price. Faith in humanity restored.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts