The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: All Original 1991 1800/2000 - $3,500 Arkansas

I'm selling my all original GVR4. It has 154k miles on the original engine / turbo / transmission paint, etc.

It's stock right down to the airbox and always has been. I purchased it from the original owner last fall. This car is one of few left in original condition. VIN number stickers on each body panel. Other than a few minor cosmetic issues and quirks that I call out below, the car is very decent inside and out.

It's got a lot of good things going for it - all electricals work - windows, locks, cruise, air conditioning, sunroof, rear defrost, etc. Seats are in relatively good condition for original components - I replaced the rears with factory due to sun damage. Engine runs very smoothly with good power and all gear shifts are smooth without grinding issues.

Annoyances -

Last week the driver door power lock started actuating whenever the door would get half way open. Must be a loose wire... i haven't pulled it off to check
Driveline whine - not sure if they all do this or not, but I've taken many 200+ mile highway trips with the car and it hasn't changed or seemed to matter (I replaced the fluids in the transmission and transfer case - no leaks on either)
Rough idle when starting warm - weird, but after you warm the car up fully and let it sit for 15 -20 minutes and come back out to start it, the idle is very rough and it tries to die. 20 seconds later it's fine and idles rock solid.
Horn works occassionally
Antenna is broken
Rear dogleg driver's side is missing

8560074541_db9987268b_b.jpg

8560074897_439566198d_b.jpg

8560075243_714fb41b5a_b.jpg

8560075729_257a1f0fcd_b.jpg

8560076325_1f5ab8802a_b.jpg

8561182824_996840be89_b.jpg

8561183158_2f3c9a71db_b.jpg

8560077597_1746892f47_b.jpg

8560078153_73b16bc1b9_b.jpg

8561184472_bd42e66935_b.jpg

8560078623_0d0ee47bb2_b.jpg

8560079641_afc89ce3bc_b.jpg

8560080335_ecc0ac5508_b.jpg

Car is located in Bentonville, Arkansas. PM me or email [email protected]

matt92vr4

Very nice, love seeing these still around. Gl with the sale. It shouldn't take long.

No I don't have the missing dogleg. I do have a clip for it from Mitsubishi when a new owner finds one.

No factory radio. It does have the original owner's manual I believe and associated booklets.

Of course willing to help with shipping, rides from the airport, etc.

Thanks,
Kyle

Thanks for the kind words. I believe I have gotten back with everyone. I apologize if it was delayed. Feel free to use my email address I listed in the ad, as I will be able to check my mail much more often than the forum.

4orced4door

Thought I was going to buy this but changed my mind at the last second. Bump for a solid car and seller. This will go FAST.

Jason G.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Nice!

Paul, buy it and then I'll buy from you later on down the road.

matt92vr4

If Bob buys it I'll send him my stock radio for free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (if I can find it)

G

Staff member
Looks nice, i'm curious to see what's wrong with it.

blacksheep

G - what do you mean....

He listed these:

Last week the driver door power lock started actuating whenever the door would get half way open. Must be a loose wire... i haven't pulled it off to check
Driveline whine - not sure if they all do this or not, but I've taken many 200+ mile highway trips with the car and it hasn't changed or seemed to matter (I replaced the fluids in the transmission and transfer case - no leaks on either)
Rough idle when starting warm - weird, but after you warm the car up fully and let it sit for 15 -20 minutes and come back out to start it, the idle is very rough and it tries to die. 20 seconds later it's fine and idles rock solid.
Horn works occassionally
Antenna is broken
Rear dogleg driver's side is missing

G

Staff member
I meant the rough idle, curious to see what that ends up being. If it's something serious being down played by the seller or an easy fix.

4orced4door

I thought it sounded like a bad FIAV? I spoke to the seller for a while on the phone and I think this is more G being G than an issue with the car or seller. Anyway, good luck to the guy who bought it.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I'm a skeptic, their is always a reason why a car is for sale and it's in the buyers best interest to figure out if it's a serious issue or not. Especially for that asking price. If the seller is clueless and just doesn't want to deal with it or if the seller knows it's a more serious issue and is trying to dump it on someone else. This sale could go either way and am curious to find out what it ends up being. Hopefully it's something simple. Looks clean though!

I will let you know in just a short time....

I am taking the sellers word that the issues are small.

This will be the second GVR4 that I have purchased (I bought the exact same car, minus the sunroof, off the lot brand new in 92).

My son's and I now have 4 Twin Turbo 3S's (3- 3000GT VR4s and one Dodge Stealth TT), so we're familiar with these cars.

This will eventually find its way to my middle son, as a graduation gift from college /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bob.

Last edited:

matt92vr4

The car is going into good hands. Bob is a fantastic guy with immaculate Mitsubishi's.

G

Staff member
Awesome, don't let him drive it during winter.

"G"

Excuse my "newbieness" here.

I have been a member of 3si.com since 2000 and a member of 3sgto.org since 2010.

As mentioned, I did own a GVR4 (from 92 to 97, when I sold it to get a 94 3000gt VR4). It was stock from day one to sale.

I hope I can draw on your (and others) Galant experiences to help my son get the most out of THIS car...

I appreciate your concerns..

Bob.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts