The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 91 GVR4 Nile Black 1450/2000 Portland, OR $6500/best

I've owned this GVR-4 since 1998, and used it as a daily driver until I had the brilliant idea in 2005(?) of doing all kinds of wonderful things to it. Which turned it into a project, and now all I do is curse it occasionally, usually when I have to move it around on those crappy Harbor Freight dollies. Asked myself some serious questions this weekend and decided to sell it. It has been stored indoors and I know, I know, I should have put a cover on it to keep the dust and what-not off.

It has a clean Oregon title and has never been wrecked. I bought it in NV; I believe it to have spent it's entire life thus-far in NV, CA and OR.

What 1450/2000 is, at present:

2.3 - never fired
Eagle rods
Wiseco pistons
Ferrea 1mm oversize stainless valves
HKS 272 intake and exhaust cams
FRH intake manifold
Evo III exhaust manifold
Forced Performance 3052 (it has been a long time, pretty sure it is a 3052, have to dig up the invoice)
Have to check and see what injectors; FP sold them to me based on the engine/turbo combination
AEM EMS, never installed
VDO EGT, Boost, Oil Pressure and an AEM UEGO (never installed)
Brand new alternator
AC has been deleted - still have the parts if someone wanted to reinstall it
ACT 2600, lightened flywheel
Deleted 4WS

Tial (40mm?) external wastegate
Urethane bushings throughout
Front and rear strut braces
Tein adjustable camber plates
KYB AGX front and rear
GC coilovers - 400lb front and 350lb rear, if I recall correctly
RRE front intercooler and pipes (see below notes re: intake and exhaust plumbing)
OZ F1 Cup (Antracite gray?) 17" wheels; not sure on the specs on the rubber, but low-mileage

Transmission is a Lancer EVO III transmission (double syncros, different gearing, etc), tcase and rear diff (plate LSD) that I had shipped from NZ
Quaife LSD front and center installed in transmission, new, no miles

Spare Lancer EVO II transmission, tcase and rear diff (plate LSD), that I had shipped from AUS

Also included - a JDM VR4 RS front bumper as well as the projector fogs.

Interior is very good but not perfect. I should show some pride and vac it before taking photos, should anyone want them.

Probably some relevant information that I've forgotten to include, please ask any questions that you might have.

The car does not run at present - I have never made the time to finish the intake and exhaust - 3" cat and exhaust is there. Was always intending to finish the plumbing and trailer it up to English Racing and have them tune it.

And the car comes with every single DSM part I have around. Nothing too amazing, just the usual... coil packs, valve covers, axles, knuckles, control arms, etc. Maybe a diff or two, front crossmember, steering rack, etc.

$6500/best.

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Staff member
Looks clean.

5OF2k

Quoting schmidt503:
Price dropped, more details added.

.....how about some details on that 510 there peeking in the corner.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Jordan are you still a GVR4 guy? I know you sold 946, but do you still have the other one?

LOL. Its on Craiglist and Ratsun - both of them actually. The blue one peeking, and a green shell (complete) prepared for Group 2.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts