The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sold: 1987 Honda CRX Si Rally Car "Fireball" $2500, Norfolk, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboren

PICT1448-sm.jpg

Honestly, it will take a lot of love to get this little guy back to race-ready condition, and, thanks to many Maine winters, would probably be a better organ donor than project car. However, he has proven to be a truly capable car, and in the hands of the right driver (my co-driver in Iceland was AMAZING... I just happened to own the car, so I drove), would be a real contender.

Here's what you get:

1987 Honda CRX Si
1989 Acura Integra 1.6L DOHC (non-vtec)
AEM adjustable cam gears
Moroso oil pan
1989 Acura Integra 5-spd transmission
Phantom Grip LSD
1989 Acura Integra front and rear disc brakes
Energy Suspension bushings
OPM torsion bars in front
Ground Control coil-overs in rear
Tokico adjustable shocks/struts
Hella/IPF driving lights on removable mount
Lexan rear window
Dual roof vents
Subaru Impreza hood scoop and vents
ATL 15-gallon fuel cell
Alfa-Pro rally computer
Autopower cage (not up to Rally America standards)
Sparco Sprint seats
RCI 5-point harnesses

Spare Acura Integra 1.6L DOHC engine and tranny, plus many spare parts.

Never been crashed. Beat up, yes (HELLO! It's a RALLY CAR!), crashed, no.

Previous owner built him and raced him for two seasons, I believe; something like 7 races in New England and Canada. I paid $3500 for him in 2002. Raced one season (2 races), and then pretty much retired him. He still runs strong, and deserves to be put back into competition. I just don't have the time to do it anymore.

Keep in mind this is a PURPOSE-BUILT RALLY CAR. Although this car is driveable, and technically street legal, I want this car to go to a good home and a knowledgeable rally driver, not to someone who wants to take it out to the local ricer hangout and street race with it. Potential buyers will be screened.

Car and spares available for delivery if you want to pay me for my time and gas.

More pics available here: http://www.turboren.com/for-sale/fireball/for-sale-pics/

PM for e-mail addy and cell phone number.

Thanks for looking.

Ren

Last edited by a moderator:

mountaineerjeff

has this been in morgantown wv? i swear have seen it before

turboren

Not that I know of. I bought it in like April 2002 and trailered it from Maine to Norfolk, where it was shipped to Iceland. It's been here since June 2003, when I cam back from Iceland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned