The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD: 1992 Galant VR-4 KG #527/1000, Sonoma, CA. SOLD

I am selling my 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 AWD. The car is in great condition with just over 200k on the chassis and 60k on the rebuilt motor and 70k on a newer tranny. I have been restoring the car and I have poured money into this thing. I have added a few mods to enhance the car in all areas. The motor was rebuilt by the previous owner to stock spec and I have never had the valve cover off although I did buy gaskets to replace the ones on the motor because I was going to install cams (which I did not do). The ECU was bad and was sent out and had everything fixed. The suspension I have replaced with an OEM Evo 9 set of shocks and WORKS Evo 9 lowering springs, I also replaced the two front lower control arms and bushings as well as the front top hats on the shocks. I also bought and had installed at WORKS Motorsports a new GVR4 driveshaft and rear performance brake pads. And I just did an oil change. I have done oil changes every 3k miles with Mobil 1 10-30W Synthetic and had all the fluids changed last summer. The car comes with Motegi Racing 17x7's with Falken tires, new spare parts and some used spare parts if you want them (turbo, headlight, driveshaft, and gaskets). I am asking SOLD or best offer, as is. I am willing to negotiate so please shoot me an offer if you are interested or if you have any questions. Here is a link to some more photos of the car: click
(The pictures of the car start on page 5 and 18.)

Modifications I have done:

MHI Evolution 3 Turbo (REAL! NOT AN EBAY POS)
Evolution 3 Manifold (bought new with turbo and o2 housing)
Evolution 3 o2 Housing (the down pipe was modified to work with o2 housing by WORKS)
2G Turbo Inlet Hose
2G MAF Sensor
K&N Air Filter
Magnaflow 2.5" High Flow Cat
Evolution 9 560cc Fuel Injectors
Walbro GSS278 Fuel Pump
Evolution 9 Oil Cap
Tunersnation GVR4 SS Braided Brake Lines
Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
Evolution 9 OEM Shocks F/R
WORKS Evolution 8/9 GSR Lowering Springs
Whiteline Camber Bolts
WORKS Cable Shifter Bushings for GVR4
WORKS Shift Knob
Newer GVR4 Tranny
OEM Front Axles (both)
OEM Brembo Front Rotors
Akebono Front Pads
Alpine CD Player
Kicker Speakers (all around)

Things that need a little work:
1. It does burn a little oil and I have been told by WORKS head mechanic that it is more than likely the valve guide (stem) seals, which I have 16 brand new OEM Mitsubishi ones that have yet to be installed. It still passes smog with the stock 440cc injectors installed (which come with the car).
2. Sorry, the horn does not work although the wires are good. Its possible that the bumper was removed at one point and a connector was unplugged somewhere and not plugged back in.

PICT0577.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

PICT0576.jpg

Troy
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

Galactica

5K seems like a pretty fair price for a clean VR4, even with the faded paint. Just as a comparison, I looked at some mid-80's Fox body 5.0 GT's and people are wanting 5K for a decent fastback 5 speed and between 6 and 9K for a nice convertible 5 speed. An 80's freakin Mustang! Same with the old Camaro IROC's. If you find a clean one in nice condition inside out with a 350 TPI motor, be prepared to break out some coin. We, with VR4's are a rarity because there are only a few of us who know first what these cars are and second, just how rare they are. There's a million fox body's out there and they're commanding big money. 5K for so much car is a fair price IMHO.

I based the value of the car on the parts and labor added with its current condition, taking into consideration several other VR-4s that have been up for sale recently in my area. And I will entertain any reasonable offers.

New axles, front rotors, and pads are going in as well.

The car is ready for daily driver use!

Well it maybe ready for daily driver use but, 5th gear will not engauge and I am selling it now as is for $4000.00obo. I would like it gone before January.

bump...

Left WORKS Motorsports and got a new job with Greners.com (call me if you need something, number is on the website..) moved to Forestville, CA (in the sticks..) car is in great condition still no leaks and runs great for me every day. I am willing to negotiate with any buyer that wants to make me a reasonable offer.

Brunoboy

theres a guy on Ecmlink forums looking for a Gvr4.
click

"I'm looking for a complete Galant VR4. Looking for something that is close to stock or at least decent enough to use as a DD. Would prefer a Summit White car without sunroof, but open to any and all. Also don't really care about exterior condition as long as its mechanically sound.

Thanks

Daniel Deluca
(916) 934-9649
[email protected]"

Quoting troyatWORKS:
Well it maybe ready for daily driver use but, 5th gear will not engauge and I am selling it now as is for $4000.00obo. I would like it gone before January.

I have installed a couple used transmissions that had difficulty getting fifth. Both came around though. I just kept driving it and kept trying fifth, and with both transmissions fifth just dropped in one day. Would work fine everytime after as well. I have no idea if this is your issue or not, but it can be kept in mind. Any how, GLWS.

Pre-Black Friday Sale on the car! If purchased before 11/24/11 I will let it go for $3000.00. (Just did an oil change car now has 204K)

you might want to check the reverse light switch if it is not shimmed out properly you will be unable to get fifth gear. happened to my bros laser he changed nothing relating to the tranny rebuilt the motor and such and when he got it all back together he couldnt get fifth turns the switch blocks it out if its to far in. just a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif GLWS nice looking car

Nice, Thanks for the information. By chance you would not happen to know where the switch is located do you?

Nice, Thanks for the information. By chance you would not happen to know where the switch is located do you?

NICE! I will take a look and see what I can find. Might just bring it to San Rafael Mitsubishi and let their all star mechanic have a go at it too. Jay is the sh*t! Thanks for the info!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts