GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » Check list
Previous thread Next thread

Check list

Lancer99
$6500 obo
902/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 925147 posted 08/24/10 10:59 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Ok Im putting a engine back into a GSX, and I thought about doing a check list because last time I forgot a few things. So heres a list that I came up with. This is based off a stock 4g63t and off of a 1 gen. Please let me know if theres anything else that Im missing.

4G63T
Engine Swap/ Engine Replacement Check List

o Have a spare engine/gear box or rebuilt engine/gear box ready to go in
o All four motor mount bolts in and tightened
o Transfer case/ propeller shaft connected to gear box
o All coolant hoses, power steering hoses, oil lines, brake lines, fuel lines and the clutch lines connected (fluid lines)
o Shifter cables hooked up with cotter pins in place
o Speed cable hooked up to the gear box
o All wiring hooked up
o All vacuum hoses hooked up
o Double check all vacuum hoses and make sure there in the right place and check with a vacuum diagram, unless you have the engine modified a different way.
o Both driver and passenger axles in and nuts tightened with cotter pins in place.
o Make sure jack shaft bolts for the drivers axle are in and tightened (should be two bolts)
o Also if struts, ball joints, brakes (calipers, rotors, pads) and outer tie rod ends were removed, be sure they are also in and tightened
o Install front tires
o Exhaust hooked up
o Intake hoses and filter hooked up
o Added fluids (Motor oil, gear box oil, transfer case oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, power steering fluid, and coolant)
o Start engine, make sure it starts, runs without problems, check for leaks
o Remember to bleed out brake and clutch fluid to remove air bubbles
o Remember to burp the coolant
o Remember to remove car off jack stands (if lucky then remove car off lift)

When the clutch drops...
The bullsh*t stops!
902/1000
Still working on it after 5 years
97 Volvo 850 Estate

Edited by Lancer99 (08/30/10 10:26 AM)

Posts: 1284 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow | Member Since: 08/23/04 | IP: (24.13.47.239) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3400

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.054 seconds in which 0.033 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page