The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bushing Removal

Anyone replacing old motor mount bushings and/or the rear subframe bushings but do not have a torch or a press, try using windshield cut out wire(piano wire) to remove the rubber from the metal. It took me about four minutes per side for the rear mustache brace. Drill a hole through the rubber(about 3/16" to 1/4"),slide the wire through, attach vise-grips to either side as handles and start sawing. I cut out the center sleeve first then around the outside sleeve, finished up with the die grinder, with a 1" sanding drum and some 80 grit.

Last edited by a moderator:

I find another, potentially even easier way, is to use a hole-saw bit. Then you're through in about a minute with minimal effort /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The hole saw seems to be the most effective method so far. This is from feedack from other's that have replaced the subframe & mustache bushings.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts