The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Want to order a custom mitsu factory tool, here's how....

blacksheep

I have been looking for the place that made and sold Mitsu techs their custom tools for a while now.

Last time I posted, I was trying to find a balljoint splitter and finally got a generic tool which worked OK.

This time around, I was on the hunt for a balljoint boot installer. I called several dealerships, talked to my mitsu contacts, performance shops etc and no luck.

Then, buried on page 24 of a random google search, I found it.

click

So, I called them and they sell to the public as well, no need to be a dealer. Anywhos, figured this would help y'all...

RayH

Nice find, I remember ordering a tensioner tool from them a while back and they only had a generic web site.

blacksheep

WTF, Ray? You SOB - You knew about them and held out on me - You have no idea how long its taken me to find this place... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

gvr4ever

This should probably be moved to the how to section. I some how ordered the actual mitsu tensioner tool for a t-belt job years ago, but I forget how I did it.

Very good info.

BoostedAWD91

anyone know which one of these tools will work for our cars? there are alot listed and it seems they are all for new vehicles.

blacksheep

Do you own a FSM and use it to work on the car? I am guessing not. BUt, Your factory service manual aka FSM should mention special tool needed and list a part no. and a pic of it in the begining of the section and also when the particular assembly/disassembly is being done.

Way to F'ing go KC! My left finger thanks you, lol. (for all the link-clicking, you filthy pervs)

belize1334

I'm gonna add a few key words to help this come up on searches.

SST

Special Service Tool

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned