GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » Can you make a W5M31 work on a VR4?
Previous thread Next thread

Can you make a W5M31 work on a VR4?

Matt Freeman
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 51506 posted 08/17/02 07:38 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Would it be possible to figure out the difference between a w5m31 and a w5m33 in a percentage. My Mitsubishi manual states the final reduction as 4.92915=w5m33 and 5.208=w5m31. Then change two tires to compensate for different final reduction. If nothing else get it close enough to drive the car without worry about locking the the center differential to the repair shop one more time. Matt

| | | IP: (64.66.203.38) | Report this post to a Moderator

1quickvr4
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 51507 posted 08/18/02 08:47 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
You would have to have the rear end to make it work. On top of all of that it has weaker NA style gears.

Zach

| | | IP: (64.156.77.163) | Report this post to a Moderator

Matt Freeman
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 51508 posted 08/19/02 02:13 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Zach your right I found the info I needed at http://www.vfaq.com/mods/Trannies.html It looks like the rear differential of the vr4 is 3.545 and the gsx is 2.846 so I would have to run 10 percent larger diameter tires in the rear and 10 percent smaller tires in the front. You could almost make it look like the old American Muscle cars of the past.

| | | IP: (64.66.198.32) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4961

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.033 seconds in which 0.023 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page