Well, I searched VFAQ, here, net, free DSM manual, and didn't find what I was looking for. But, after some questions on this and other posts, the following was put together and edited on this thread:
I have a new 1990 oil filter housing and need to know what most of the holes are for to mount temp and pressure senders appropriately. The '90 housing seems to have 2 small tapped holes that are open from the factory? One is near the lower timing cover and the other is on the front of the housing in the oil filter inlet path.
So, from page 9-20, I am thinking that the 9 holes in the pic below are as follows, can you guys help identify them? (updated with all threads and functions noted)
1. Unused nearly max pressure, unfiltered oil port, second port from oil pump. 3/8 BSPT
2. Tapped port for stock oil pressure dummy sensor, thread is 1/8 BSPT
3. Filtered port, 3/8" BSPT , **I'm not sure if this is open to only bypassed oil or oil that is post oil cooler?
4. Oil cooler bypass Valve.
5. Oil pressure relief valve, has engine side port that needs egging out, not shown.
6. Return Oil Cooler port, M16X1.5
7. Threads for lower timing belt cover bolt, thread M6
8. Inlet Oil Cooler port, M16X1.5, first port from oil filter
9. Max pressure port, first port from the oil pump, 1/8 BSPT. Stock DSM oil pressure gauge port
Sorry if this has been done XX times, but I didn't realize there were some extra ports on the 1990 housing.
All threads identified, I'll fix the pic and post a new one.
Autometer 2268 M16 to 1/8 NPT adapters. Please note that plugs 1 & 3 are now properly ID'd as 3/8" BSPT. I was going to remove plug 1 and use that hole for my pressure gauge, but in light of plug one being 3/8" BSPT a mcmaster carr adapter should be used.
The adapter for 1/8 BSPT to 1/8 NPT is Autometer 2269 (from another member thread).