GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » Evo Viii interior install
Previous thread Next thread

Evo Viii interior install

crankwalk
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 504525 posted 07/12/07 08:09 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
*Been meaning to make this a how to for a while.

Made brackets and modifications for the front and rear seats with a buddy that does metal work.

NOTE:

THIS IS WHAT I DID. THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OUT THERE I'M SURE THAT WORK. I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT.

The rears werent bad. Just cut the middle prong out of the bottom and 2 stainless bolts with washers on the side prongs to draw in the side bolster gap. Drill through the back of the car through the back fender wells. Put the nut on the back side and as you tighten, the gap goes away. Make sure its stainless because they're exposed to the elements. Hope that makes sense to you guys.

The first pic is the galant seat, OBVIOUSLY do what I'm saying to the Evo seat.

The front brackets werent bad, we raised the seat about an inch in the front and an inch and a half in the back. Decided it would be a cool idea to bring a bar out from the back of the bracket to add harnesses later on. Its about an inch of the floor so I could slip tthe harnesses on under it and put some skateboard grip tape on it so it wont slide. I dont care if its not the right or safest place to do it. It will be fine for spirited mountain runs, the car wont see a racetrack for tech inspections for that sort of thing just yet.

This was one of the top 3 things I have done to this car. Updates the look, seats feel awesome and are very comfortable plus my suspension is working much better than I thought it was previously. No more reaching over to hold on to the passenger seat in a sharp turn.
Now I just have to wipe the dust off all the seats and vacuum the metal shavings out.

| | | IP: (24.98.140.85) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 6333

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page