The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2-Bulb Corner Wiring

I already searched, but didn't find anything definitive.

1. Can I pull the wiring harness our of the plug and put it in the JDM on (individual wires)?

2. To avoid ricer "speed blinkers", how should I wire the turn signals (series or parallel)?

Sorry, I guess I should clarify the drawing and make sure I have it right.

The corner parking lights and corner turn signals have a common ground, correct? Looking at the connector, I can figure out which positive goes to the parking lights, and which goes to the signals.

The drawing just uses the + and - for the turn signals. I ignored the parking light.

Hertz

Staff member
Yes common ground. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't think that serial/parallel will make any difference in the blink rate. The blinker just "senses" the load and I believe either way the load will be the same.

misterfixit

All blinkers are parallel, THe front and rear bulb have to be hooked like that otherwise whan youblow a bulb you'd loose them. The Wattage (load) is what is wrong. You'll have to hook your original front blinker in parallel with the rear bulb on the jdm 2 bulb corner. the front bulb on the corner is just a sidelight.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts