The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Homemade amber corners

I just got done finishing my amber corners. I was going to try and get them from australia or europe, but decided to do it myself. I'm actually a lot happier, because the true EDM ones are all reflective as these are somewhat see-thru. I picked up an extra set from the local junkyard and bought Krylon 9023 orange glass pain from Here.

My total spent was:
corners from the junkyard - 5.00
9023 Krylon paint plus shipping - 13.00 (shipping was kind of high)

Total: 18.00!!!

I know people can get these, but they will cost anywhere from 40-70 bucks.

Here is a pic of the passenger side one.

Last edited by a moderator:

mistaVR4

Nice work man! They look good. How exactly did you get the lense separated from the housing? Or did you just spray them while they were assembled?

Last edited:

14u2nV

Pretty nice. I personally don't like the ambers, but it's good to see someone "cheat the system". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I dont know about those, but whatever floats your boat.

Quote:
Nice work man! They look good. How exactly did you get the lense separated from the housing? Or did you just spray them while they were assembled?

I didn't separate the housing at all. I jsut cleaned the surface with alcohol and sprayed about 5 coats on to it. It's a real sticky paint so it take about 20-30 minutes between coats.

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

gtride

I think they look good. SO did you use any clear over the paint? If not over time since they will start having some paint chips and scratches, because they are upfront and you get everything from the person in front of you. You should clear them so they will last longer. I actually like how they look and way cheaper then $70+.

atc250r

Staff member
I like that a lot. I may have to do something similar on the wife's car. I don't know why they didn't make our corners all one color like that. It's much more visually appealing in my book.

John

thanks man...I didn't use clear. I didn't want it to look too shiney to look different then the turn signal lenses. The paint is really thick. Almost like a see-thru rubber. It can't jsut be chipped off like the paint on my grille. Like I said I still have the oem ones so if they take a $hit and get scratched I'll just put the oem ones back on. But I truly think it won't be easy to scratch and chip them.

Quote:
I like that a lot. I may have to do something similar on the wife's car. I don't know why they didn't make our corners all one color like that. It's much more visually appealing in my book.

John

I know right, it's so odd all the n/t and turbo galants in europe and australia come with the orange coner lenses. Yet they are so hard to come by here. I took mater in my own hands...lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Good Job man, mods please make this a sticky in the "HOW TO" section, this will save alot of us from spending $70! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

curtis

also I think I might be the only one that noticed the full orange lights in the bumper. They match well....+10

atc250r

Staff member
I just found the red version on Krylon's website. That would be a good way to make my yellow rear signals red like I've wanted to do for a while.

John

Thumbs up from me. I like it and way easier to get than real ambers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice work bro! How close of a match are they to the turn signal lights in the front bumper? I've been looking for a set of the amber lights too. Nice alternative to sending $70 on used lights. Could we make this a sticky?

PrimerGod

I just found the red version on Krylon's website. That would be a good way to make my yellow rear signals red like I've wanted to do for a while.

My bro did this on his CRX, turned out really good.

I have a cheaper solution. Go to your local model car shop or hobby shop whatever. Tamiya makes a small spray paint can for painted amber corner lights on their model cars. Make sure the paint is heated up and go at it. The cans are plenty big for a set or corners.

Mine turned out the same but for 6 bucks total.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts