The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whiteline Spring specs

Turbo4door1

This may have been posted before, but I thought it may be interesting to some if it hasn't been. I was going through some paper work I have for my GVR-4 and came across some specs for the Whiteline springs I purchased back in 2001.

Fronts are Whiteline part # 80442
11" length
210 lb/in
.90" drop

Rears are Whiteline part # 80443
12" length
155 lb/in
1.32" drop

Those spring rates are probably a little light for our heavy cars, but don't work too bad with the semi-soft valving of the AGX struts.

I saw this thread and thought I'd share the specs of the Whitelines I bought back in '02.

Front: PN 70128
length: 12.5"
rate: 165 lb/in
lower: 0.5"

Rear: PN 83147
length: 13.5"
rate: 132 lb/in
lower: 0.7"

I think the springs are firmer than the claimed rates, especially in the rear, although it's still quite comfortable. However, installing the springs actually RAISED the front of the car by 0.5" from where it sat on stock springs. The rear probably dropped about the same, so the car sits totally level with the ground now (no more rake) but there's more front wheel well gap than in the rear.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts