The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Suspension Parts

belize1334

I've got a pile of suspension parts that I'm looking to sell. Prices are obo and include paypal fee if applicable but shipping will be on top. I'll combine orders and give discounts for multiple items.

I'll itemize the list but everything pictured is up for grabs...

1) Bilstein HD shocks : $250 : SOLD
Bilstein never made an HD shock for our cars which is unfortunate because these are the best bolt in replacement you can get. According to Dennis Grant of Far North Racing Bilsteins are better than Koni and the people are super helpful and willing to revalve their shocks to your specifications for like $75 per shock. Owning a set of these is like being a part of their club. To work with our platform they had to be retrofitted. I just went through and R&R'd the fronts (as seen in pics) and they're in PERFECT condition.
Fronts are r36-5021HO from a 3000gt. No funny business here. They're just inserts nothing special was done to make them fit. If you want to use these with coilover springs or the Tein plates there's a bit of subtlety to it so ask me first and I'll tell you how I made it work.
Rears are b46-1221HO from a BMW 325i. The lower bushing had to be replaced to work with our platform. Also it doesn't have a brake-line bracket so you have to zip-tie the brake-line in place.

2) Stock front upper spring hats : $10

3) Stock front upper mounts : $20

4) Tein front camber plates : $150
These are GVR4 specific. They come with the lower bushing and upper threaded sleeve-nut which I had to special order from Tein because they aren't included when you order just the plates. They've started squeaking a bit when you turn the wheel so I recommend getting a set of torrington thrust washers like the ones pictured in the bottom of this pic. They let the spring swivel independent of the spherical bearing and prolong it's lifespan. They're cheap so don't sweat the cost. If the bearings do wear out Tein will service the for $60 or you could do it yourself for about $20 if you can get the right size spanner wrench to get the bearing out.

5) Eibach 8" 300lb/in 2.5" coil-springs (pair) : $40
Eibach is the spring you want as they have the most spring travel for a given length and are thus less likely to bind than equivalent models. These are stiff up front but not too stiff. If you slam them into a pot-hole they will travel enough to bind. Better for smoother roads and spirited driving. Ask about perches and hats if you don't have your own.

6) Generic 8.5" 200lb/in 2.5" coil-springs (pair) : $20
These are too soft/short for the front and will bind on every bump. They're fine for the back. Again, I can include perches and hats if need be.

7) Evo VIII Springs : $40 : SOLD
The backs are pictured mounted to the struts. They're narrower at the top and thus necessitate the use of the Evo top hat (pictured). The bottoms will work with our suspension. The fronts have been cut. You can use them as per the various evo suspension articles. Personally I like the Evo rears with the eibach fronts. I'll separate upon request.

8) Evo rear top hats: $20 : SOLD
These aren't NECESSARY for the Evo rear springs but I HIGHLY recommend them.

9) KYB AGX (fronts only) : $50 : SOLD
These are cheap shocks because they're cheaply made. They'll do in a pinch. These particular ones aren't blown yet but I make no guarantees. One of the adjustment indicators is broken but the adjustment key still works and you can figure out the setting by looking closely at the tooling on the shaft.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

interested in the camber plates.

belize1334

First come first served. Send me a PM and I'll give you my paypal information.

Brunoboy

you know what, ill pass to the next person,i wont have the money til saturday. Thanks though.

desant78

since i'm a newb i'll ask the question...any stock rear springs?

belize1334

Sorry, no stock rear springs. The evo rear springs are "bolt-in" when paired with the evo rear upper hats but they are significantly (50% or so) stiffer than stock.

Last edited:

belize1334

C'mon people. The bilsteins are possibly the best bolt-in shock you can get on the market today, especially now that Koni has dropped our line. Those and the Teins are a BARGAIN at this price.

pagosadsm

I am reseaching to install the Bilstein inserts from a 3000gt front strut for my 92 Talon. Do you recall what strut housing you used? Was it from a 3000gt or a Galant?
thank for any help Rick

ken inn

Quoting belize1334:
C'mon people. The bilsteins are possibly the best bolt-in shock you can get on the market today, especially now that Koni has dropped our line. Those and the Teins are a BARGAIN at this price.

actually, bilstein did make a set for the vr4. when i was in sales, we were a big bilstein distributor, and we had access to all bilsteins. i got the set out of europe, where they were quite plentiful. dunno if they still stock them, this was a long time ago. i also spoke to john buffum about them, and he said they were too harsh. i still remember him saying that if you are driving a rally, "and you want to eat a sandwich, the ride is too stiff". eat a sandwich? i would be holding my ass, amongst other things. i sold the set to howard, they were on his green car last i heard

tektic

Who was the distributed? I've asked a few places to look up the party number and they said it doesn't exist. The only place I found them for sale was the UK.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned