The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Cam Timing Tool

CKA

Up for sale are Cam Timing Tools that are much like the Kent Moore tool and similar to the Jay Racing tool.

The tools are made out of 1/2" aluminum with aluminum stops/finger grips and stainless bolts. A groove has been cut on the face of the tool to properly index the cam gear marks. The word "TOP" is engraved on the top of the tool so it can be oriented correctly.

$30 shipped. paypal & Questions = [email protected]

gearlock1.jpg

gearlock2.jpg

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

I used mine on both my gsx and my awd spyder this weekend. This tool works awesome! Highly recommend. Didn't know you were on here, Harvey…

MellowVR4

pm sent

TRBODSM

I sent payment on 4g61t.org and havnt had a response on the tool being shipped or any info about payment received. It's already been a week and a half since payment and tool hasn't showed and no PM. Write me back please.

***edit*** got mine shipped out already.

Last edited:

CKA

Sorry about the delay in comms guys, all PMs are replied to! Three tools are shipping out today, more available. I appreciate it, thank you!

MellowVR4

payment sent

MellowVR4

OK, I recived the tool and it looks great. i tried them on my cam gears that are on the engine that im building and does it matter if the marks on the gears are a hair off when the aligment tool is instaled. ill try to post a pic up today but i think it should be fine. just want to here another opinion. they are aem trutime cam gears so please let me know what you guys and gals think. thnx

jepherz

Staff member
Off? Do they not look just like the picture above? They certainly should, this was a CNC machined piece...

MellowVR4

yeah it looks like the one on the pic, the one on the pic looks a lil off too. thats just me i might be trippin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MellowVR4

i figuerd it out, the reason it looked off when i looked at it is because of the tension that the cam puts on the gear. once i installed the alingment tool and tried to put the timing belt on, it didnt line up. so thats when i found out that you have to take your wrench and move the intake cam up, and thats just enough for the teeth to line up with the belt. This tool is awesome, defenitly the easiest timing belt job i have ever done on these motors. GREAT TOOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif NICE JOB.

dsm10o0

These look awesome. Will send payment this afternoon.

Btw, can I put this on and it will hold the cam gears in place while I loosen the cam gear bolts? My cam shaft seals are leaking bad and I hate taking off the valve cover.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts