The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTT: HKS 264 intake cam for 272 intake cam

NateCrisman

Looking for a 272* HKS intake cam to upgrade from the 264* HKS intake cam I'm currently running (for my 1g racecar). Possibly willing to buy a whole set of 272* HKS cams in order to make the deal work.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

to be completely honest, I don't trust that BC stuff at all. HKS I'v always installed straight up with stock gears and never had anything but excellent results. I trust HKS to properly drill the cam gear dowel in the right place. But I have seen Crower, Comp, and Web cams completely screw up cars and make them slower (even my own car with Comp) if installed without adjustable gears and expert degreeing setup/tuning. I put Comp 413 cams in my yellow 1g back in 2002 straight up when HKS were out of stock. The car ran 11.0 @ 125 on stock cams, and went 11.8 @ 119 on the Comp cams the next week with that being the only change. We put stock cams back in and went 11.1 @ 124 on the next pass.

Basically, I don't want ANYTHING but HKS, simply for piece of mind that I know the cams are good.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned